chapter two - Cameron

"please help me out" Cameron begged me with her soft voice. She dropped her bag on the floor and I could feel her gazing hard at me. I sighed putting the book back in the shelve that I wanted to read. With the palm of my hand I rubbed my forehead with doubt. "can't Stiles help you out?" I asked finally meeting her gaze. Please say yes. "seriously Derek?" Cameron's mouth was open in disbelieve and she was tapping with her fingers on the table, which she always does when people say things she doesn't want to hear. "to Stiles everything is a joke... seriously if he pranks me one more time I will tattoo the spiral symbol on his forehead!" Cameron replied, annoyed. I chuckled. Stiles will pass out by the sight of an needle. I should better warn him not to mess around with Cameron anymore. I think he has a little crush on her since Lydia is out of the picture. I can't say no to this girl. "fine" I said "but don't show it to the guys" I warned her pointing my finger at her. "cause I know where you live and I'm good at painting spirals on doors".

Cameron jumped of the chair clapping her hands in excitement as her eyes lit up. "thank you thank you thank you!" Cameron put the voice recorder on the table and grabbed a piece of paper out of her bag and handed it over to me. "so... you need to voice record a scene from the movie twilight?" I raised an eyebrow, never heard about this movie. "school project" Cameron quickly answered. Sometimes I forget that she's six years younger than me and a senior at the Beacon Hills High school. I looked at the piece of paper reading the lines that I need to say out loud. Is she kidding me? "Cameron what the hell" I looked at her feeling ridiculous. "just please Derek! I will buy you dinner" Cameron really sounded desperate. I rolled my eyes and growled. "why are we friends again?" I asked with a sigh. "because you love me" Cameron answered cheery. True that. "now sit your ass down"  Cameron ordered.

"promise me you don't answer werewolf" I said. Cameron rolled her eyes. She put her brown hair in a messy bun and her big, brown eyes were focussed on the little piece of paper she held in her hand. Remind me that I tell you guys later how we've became friends. "oke... ready?" Cameron glanced at me. I nodded. I heard a clicking sound which meant that the recorder, was recording. I took a deep breath. Why the hell did I sign up for this? The embarrassment. "how old are you?" Cameron asked. "17" I answered. "how long have you been 17?" Cameron asked. "a while" I answered. "I know what you are" Cameron said. "say it, out loud, say it!" I said. "vampire..." Cameron answered. I was biting my lip trying not to burst out into laughter. Do not look at her Derek. I heard a soft chuckle escaping Cameron's mouth. I started to laugh with her "you really should do this with someone else" I said. She stopped the recording. "vampire" I whispered with a smirk. "not even close" Cameron laughed.

Cameron sat at the table concentrating on her homework as I continued with the book that I wanted to read earlier. Getting it from the shelve I sat down at the couch and opened the first page. I've always been a reader and I really enjoy it. Scott now and then borrows one. After reading the first chapter in silence I got distracted by the sound of Cameron's heartbeat. I glanced at her. She was chewing on her pen, miles away in her thoughts. Cameron is 19 and yes, I told you before that she's a senior but it took her two extra years to complete the soft more years cause she moved twice. Let's just say that her mother was a good friend of my mother and I used to babysit her. She knows about werewolves ever since she was twelve years old. After her mom died last year (her dad is out of the picture) I took care of her even though she refused to look at it that way. Anyways, she has her own place but she likes spending most of her time in my house. Friendship only and that's oke for me. I never felt more for her and she never for me.

"what?" I asked. Cameron's pen dropped out of her mouth as her eyes met mine. "what, what?" Cameron replied. I closed my book and put it on the couch next to me, crossing my arms. "Cameron, what are you worrying about" I asked. I never hear her heart, I'm not a big fan listening to anyone's heart. That's more Isaac's specialty... you can ask his girlfriend Crystal. That's how they sort of got a relationship. "right... eavesdropper" Cameron said. I rolled my eyes. "you really want to know?" Cameron asked curiously as she raised an eyebrow at me. Ofcours I do. "yes" I replied. Cameron stood up with a sigh and sat down next to me putting the book that I was reading on the little table. "tonight there's a bonfire at the woods and..." Cameron said nervously "I don't have date" she said quickly. I could tell that It bothered her very much. Cameron might not look like a super model, but she is really pretty and her personality reminded me of Erica's. Fierce with a spark.

"do you need a date for a bonfire?"  I asked astonished. I can't remember her ever having a date or at least see her with a guy besides Scott, Stiles and Isaac. "see I knew you wouldn't understand!" Cameron replied offended. I will never understand women... some things she really needs to discuss with Lydia ore Allison. Not that Scott and Allison worked out well. Cameron got up and started packing her stuff back in her bag. "Cameron I'm sorry" I said as I got up to. I really didn't want to hurt her. "I would take you if I wasn't... like graduated nine years ago" I said to her.  "ugh... shit" Cameron put her head down "I know Derek" she sighed. "sorry... I'll go with Allison... she was my last plan anyways" Cameron fake-smiled at me. "can I do anything?" I asked. "mhmm... can you bring me a Robert Pattinson look alike within a... hour?" Cameron chuckled. "no" I smirked. Who the fuck is Robert Pattinson? Teenagers. "then pick me up at midnight at the woods behind the lacrosse field" Cameron ordered. "I'll be there" I smiled. "oh before y.." I couldn't finish my sentence cause Cameron cut me off "I know, I know don't talk to people with bright red, blue or yellow eyes" Cameron said imitating my voice.

When Cameron left I went back to my book again. After a short hour someone knocked at the door, I looked at the clock which said it was eight PM. Can I ever read a damn book without being interrupted? I straightened my shirt as I got up, walking towards the door. That smell... I leaned with my forehead against the door and sighed. "Stiles what are you doing here" I said. That kid is like a piece of furniture in my house lately... always there. "how uhm.. how do you know it's me?" Stiles voice answered back from the other side of the door. I growled. "oh right one of your wolf... abilities" Stiles nervously said. I opened the door. Stiles stormed into my house "looking good Derek, what are you doing? Reading? Nice so uhm is Cameron here?". His eyes checked every inch of the living room. Pathetic... but cute. "she's already at the bonfire" I replied. "oh... right... I will leave then" Stiles replied looking sad. "I'm picking Cameron up at midnight, don't make me arrive there seeing you and Cameron... make-out" I said disgusted. Stiles's eyes lit up "is she going to kiss me?". "bye Stiles".

Please guys tell me what you think?? next chapter shit is going down!!