chapter thirteen - the flight

Exactly one year ago Cameron broke her wrist when she was doing something stupid in the woods with Lydia and Allison. I heard her screams and I found her underneath this... this big tree where Lydia looked at me with those big innocent eyes which told me exactly that she was afraid that I might hurt her... even though it was Cameron's own fault but you know me... if Cameron is not around me I expect from you to take care of her and to keep her safe. Allison was probably already searching for her arrows because she was afraid that I might go "wolf" on her. The thing is... even though it was just a broken wrist... I was hurt because she was hurt. She wasn't dying or something... far from that. I took her to the hospital and after six weeks her wrist was perfectly normal again, but now... she might really die. Cameron will be in a lot of pain and what hurts me the most is that there might be a chance that there is nothing that I can do but just sit and watch her getting hurt more, every single day. And now I'm flying to Alaska with mister optimistic sitting next to me. Really? Deaton could have picked anyone but he chooses Stiles Stilinski. "Stiles Stilinski the little brother I'd never wanted".

"Aw you see me as your little brother?" Stiles's voice snapped me back to the airplane and out of my thoughts. "What?" I said quickly. Did I say that out loud? "Yes you said that out loud" Stiles said with that big smirk on his face. I looked at him confused, irritated because I hate his 'I can read your mind' games. "Yea... I can read your mind Derek" Stiles said all seriously. "No you can't" I hissed. "I know, but I wish I could since you have been quiet for an hour now" Stiles replied. "I was thinking" I said. "That's what people usually do when they are quiet" Stiles said. Great, now he's switching from mister optimistic to his other half, mister sarcastic. "Please tell me why Deaton chose you to go to Alaska with me?" I said frustrated. It would have been easier to take Cameron with me... but maybe not since it's hard for me not to kiss her right now and since my kisses will kill her eventually... Stiles is a better idea. To go on this trip with me not, I repeat, not to kiss. Stiles looked at his hand which he always does when he's thinking about something, or worried. "Because I always know what to do... I always have ideas even though not all of them are good... and I always save each and every one of you... well not always, but a lot of the times" Stiles sighed. He has a point there. "And besides that I'd never travelled before" Stiles smiled.

"So you and Cameron are a thing now?" Stiles asked curiously. The kid had a crush on her since day one... but it's Stilinski we are talking about, he has a crush on everyone. "Sort of" I sighed, not interested to go into any details, It's none of his business anyways. "That's cool... no hard feelings... there is someone else in my life right now" Stiles said. "Lydia" I said. "I'm not saying anything" Stiles replied. "Lydia" I said again. "Keeping my mouth shut" Stiles said as he nodded. "Oh Stiles... Lydia" I said as I looked him straight in the eyes... I can tell if he's lying anyway. I watched Stiles playing nervously with his hands "yea... Lydia" Stiles sighed, but before I could tease him any further and tell him that Lydia has a thing for Aiden, my attention was drawn to something else. Someone else. "What? What is it?" Stiles quickly asked.  "Stiles... I need you to keep your mouth shut for the next 20 seconds" I whispered. I looked around the plane slowly as I scanned every person that I could see. I feel it... I smell it... I can sense it... very clearly. We have been flying for two hours now, why haven't I noticed this earlier? "20 seconds are up" Stiles whispered "can you tell me what's going on?". "There's another wolf on the plane" I whispered back.

"Oh Jesus... please don't do anything while we are still in the air oke? I don't want this plane to crash and I don't want to die, whatever you think you want to do, please do it when we are on the ground because I don't want to die alright" Stiles ranted without taking breaths in-between. "Do you think I'm stupid?" I looked at Stiles as I raised an eyebrow. "Absolutely not" Stiles quickly said. "do you know who it is?" Stiles asked curiously as he looked over the seat in front of us. "Yea... it's the guy three seats ahead of us... next to the lady with the ridiculous hat" I whispered... "Can't he hear everything we are saying right now? He must have smelled another werewolf to you know" Stiles whispered. "Probably" I said with my eyes still locked on that guy. "The question is... what is another werewolf doing on a plane... to Alaska?" I said to Stiles, again whispering. "Oh Jesus this is not good" Stiles sighed as he rubbed his forehead. "Do not panic" I said to Stiles. "I'm not panicking!" Stiles said panicked. "Yes you are... and Lydia is not around to kiss you to make you calm down and I'm not going to kiss you" I hissed between my teeth. "Well thank you Derek cause I would kiss you if you had a panic attack just to save you" Stiles said. I couldn't tell the difference if he was being sarcastic or offended. "Just shut up Stiles" I sighed.

"I'm going to the bathroom" I said after five minutes. "no you are not! You are going to do something stupid!" Stiles said quickly. In some ways, he knows me all too well but thank god... I know him to well too. "Stiles... I'm going to the bathroom in the meantime you come up with a plan what to do with Lydia" I said as I tried to hide my smirk. "What do you mean with Lydia?" Stiles asked curiously. "I heard from Cameron that Lydia is kind of into you a couple of days ago" I lied. Well, it's not actually a lie because Lydia does like him... a little. "And you are telling me this NOW!" Stiles almost screamed. I watched him grab his phone as he probably started to type ideas down what to do. That will keep him busy. I got up casually and walked through corridor, gently smiling at the stewardess who passed by. I dropped my phone on the floor next to the werewolf. "sorry" I said as I kneeled down the grab it but before I got up I looked the wolf in the eyes as I let mine glow... letting him know that I was a wolf to. I got up and walked in to the little bathroom. Now all I have to do is waiting. I waited for two minutes but still no knocks. "come on" I whispered to myself. I have no patience at all. The second I thought that I heard two soft knocks on the door. I opened the door and saw the werewolf but his eyes weren't yellow... blue... red or green just like Crystal. They were Icy blue with a purple edge... just like Cameron's.