chapter nine - the broken one

"think about it Derek!" Cameron shouted as she paced down the bedroom, her hands trembling and her heart pounding in my ears. It makes sense that I'm the broken one that she needs the help. I'm more fucked up than any other citizen in Beacon Hills. "I can't believe it" Cameron said a little angry. "is it destiny that our mothers where friends back in the days? Is it destiny that we became friends? Is our whole life already written out... am I destined to be in your life just to help you?" Cameron said confused. "I don't know" I replied, also a little confused. "well it makes sense doesn't it" Cameron shouted. "Cameron" I growled as I got up from the desk chair to walk towards her. She took a step back and I could tell she was frightened of me. I grabbed her wrists and held it tight in my hands. "do not scream at me for something that isn't my fault" I hist. I never shouted at her... I'd never wanted to hurt her but she must understand that this isn't easy for me either. "you are hurting me" Cameron whispered as she tried to pull her wrists back. "you are hurting me to" I said. "no shit.... Blame destiny" Cameron slowly said to me.

And that's when she hurts me the most and before I would lose my temper and do something that I would regret instantly I let go of her wrist and stormed out of her room. I grabbed my jacket from the kitchen table and my car keys and walked towards the door. "Derek!" Cameron's voice told me that she already regretted the things that she said to me but I need to be alone and not near her for a couple of hours. "don't wait for me" I said before I shut the door with a loud bang behind me. I ran down the stairs into the garage and jumped into my Camero. Fuck. I put the keys in the engine and I just started to drive... to the place where I know that nobody will be at this time. After ten minutes I parked my car close to the entrance. Lucky I still own this place. The old train station where I used to spend a lot of time before I moved in to the loft. The place where I used to teach Boyd, Erica and Isaac their skills and how to control their selves. I ripped the lock from the door and walked inside. It still looks the same only more... dust. I said down at a bench of the deserted train.

I'm the broken one... and Cameron's destiny is to help me. Fix me. But with what? Everything is wrong with me... I have mommy and daddy issues... I have problems with my uncle Peter... I fell in love with the wrong people who just wanted to use me and hurt me. I killed people...and I also killed people who didn't need to be killed. I took Scott's chance away of being human again by killing Peter just because I wanted to be an alpha so bad. I turned innocent teenagers into wolves and two of them died... because of me. The women that I thought I loved, who sacrificed a lot of people had risen because the blood of Paige gave her life again... Scott, Allison and Stiles... carry a darkness around them forever because they needed to save their parents and if it wasn't for me... they wouldn't have. So I don't know with what Cameron can fix me... and besides that... if she do fixes me she will die and if she doesn't she will die anyway. Another human who will die because of me...

"Derek?" a women's voice interrupted my thoughts. A voice that I recognized immediately. "how did you find me" I asked. I looked at the pretty blonde who walked into the train cabin and sat down in front of me. "I just knew" Cameron replied. Her icy blue eyes were red. She had cried. "I'm sorry for freaking out on you like that" Cameron said as she cupped my face with her soft, pale hands. I closed my eyes as I felt the warm sensation caused by her touch. "you don't understand" I said as I opened my eyes again and pulled her hands away from me. "that I will die after I helped you?" Cameron said, she bit her lip and looked away from me. "exactly" I replied. "but I will... not tomorrow... but someday and fortunately it will be sooner than I want it to be" Cameron whispered. I looked at her pale, angelic face and my eyes were drawn to her eyes, who looked sad. My eyes trailed down to her mouth... the soft pink lips... I want to kiss her. "we should go" I quickly said.

The ride home was quiet. Awkward. I don't even know how Cameron arrived at the old train station. I kept my eyes on the road because I really don't want to look at her face right now before I do something stupid. And by stupid I mean make a fool out of myself by kissing her. Everyone you kiss dies Derek. "what are you thinking about?" Cameron asked. I have to stop lying to myself and admit that I sort of like her in a way I'd never thought it would ever happen. It's not that I want because her image had changed because to me she has always been beautiful... but the new her was more confident... different... exciting. "you" I answered. But I'm not going down that road. Her last months, weeks maby even days shouldn't be spend with me wanting to kiss her. It's selfish. I drove into the garage and turned off the engine. "I have to make an errand I'll see you in the morning" I said, still not looking at her. I heard movement and I expected the sound of the door opening but instead I felt her lips pressing against my cheek for a few seconds "I'm sorry for everything" Cameron whispered. Now I heard the sound of the door opening, and closing.

I touched my cheek with my fingers. What the fuck am I going to do... thank god I pinched myself immediately when I felt her lips on my cheek cause the thought of turning my face so I could taste her lips ran through my mind the entire time... I grabbed the keys from the engine and jumped out of the car walking towards the door which leads to the stairs but I didn't open it. Instead I punched the door with my right hand... I punched again and again until the door was ripped apart and my hand was bleeding badly. The pain didn't bother me. Over the years I learned that emotional pains hurts more than physically. "keep yourself together Derek" I heard someone saying behind me. Scott? I turned around. "Scott? What are you doing here" I growled. "I heard your cries... and I came over here... that's what a pack is for" Scott said. I haven't noticed that I was crying. "leave me alone" I growled, and I ran upstairs to my loft.