chapter three - bonfire

I arrived at the parking lot from the Beacon Hills High School ten minutes to early. I stopped the engine and turned on the heater. Not getting out of this car until its exactly midnight... Cameron is always late anyways. As I looked at the school I saw a boy and a girl making out against the school's heavy front door. The moonlight shined upon the girl's red hair...strawberry blonde actually. Strawberry blonde? Ugh should have known... Lydia and Aiden. I honked twice which made them stop making out immediately as they both stared at my headlights. I heard Lydia whispering "it's Derek" when Aiden flipped me of.  I rolled down my window and flipped them back of. Fuck you to. I chuckled when I saw them disappear behind the school. Okay don't get me wrong, Lydia is a nice girl but I hate Aiden with every inch inside of me. Thinking about what they made me do to Boyd still makes me angry inside, wishing I could find a reason to still tear them apart. I hate it that I promised Scott not to.

It was exactly midnight right now. I rubbed my hands before I opened the door and got out. I shut the door and looked at the darkness behind the lacrosse field. Stupid bonfires. I walked past the school to get to the bleachers which was filled with teenagers making out. "ew" I said out loud as I shook my head. I crossed the empty, dark lacrosse field until I reached the side of it. The place where I had to pick up Cameron but she wasn't there yet. Surprise. I could hear a lot of voices in the distance and smell the burning wood from the bonfire. I decided to stay where I was and not look like the awkward older/brother/friend/whatever. My eyes lit up blue when I heard something crack coming from the woods. I growled. That's my first instinct. Please don't let it be Crystal and Stiles making out.

"Derek chill out it's just me" Yellow and green eyes came out of the woods. Isaac... and his girlfriend Crystal. They met a year ago when the whole green-eyed-alpha drama was going on (read – it's like the sun came out fan fiction). Crystal is a green eyed alpha but she doesn't scare me. Not even close. Nice girl though. "sorry" I growled. "you're here to pick up Cameron?" Crystal asked. I looked at my phone and saw that she's almost twenty minutes late. "yea... have u seen her?" I asked. Crystal shook her head. "I saw her an hour ago but I can't remember seeing her after that" Isaac replied. I told you before that Cameron is usually late, but not this late. "something wrong?" Crystal asked. I looked at her bright green eyes. "I hope not... can you do something for me?" I asked her. Crystal is a wolf created by nature which means she can control nature. "can you make it rain?" I asked. Crystal raised her eyebrow "sure... why?". "so everyone leaves the bonfire so I can find Cameron" I said.

After I finished my sentence it started to rain. Pour actually. "I asked for rain... I didn't ask you to create a new ocean" I said to Crystal. "you're welcome... beta" Crystal hissed as she added thunder with the rain. Bitch. "good luck" Isaac chuckled. I watched them walk away. I turned back to look at the woods again. Damn this rain!. The floor started to get muddy and I couldn't smell the bonfire anymore... guess my plan worked. Slowly I heard voices coming closer and I saw kids running past me towards the lacrosse field to get the hell out of here. I recognized no-one, accept Stiles. I grabbed his shirt which was soaked "where is Cameron?" I asked. It sounded more like a demand. "how the hell should I know? Last time I'd seen her she slapped me cause I wanted to kiss her" Stiles replied pulling himself away so I had to let go of his shirt. I chuckled. That's my girl. "is something wrong?" Stiles asked worried. "she should have been here 45 minutes ago" I replied.

"let me help you find her!" Stiles shouted. "no, I want you to go home" I replied. I grabbed my phone and texted Crystal if she could make the rain stop cause everybody, accept Cameron, had left the bonfire. "Derek!" Stiles practically begged me. "Stiles... just go" I said. "fine... but you should really stop being a dick to everyone... cause one day you will need us and then it might be too late" Stiles answered before he walked away. I know Stiles is right... I know I'm a dick lately to everyone... but the more I push everyone away the less I'll be hurt when something happens to them. I sighed. I will invite Stiles over this week when Cameron is around. He will forgive me within a second. The rain stopped. Thank you Crystal. But now the feeling of fear came over me. Where the hell is Cameron. Her phone is dead and no one has seen her for the last hour. This isn't her. I swear to god if something bad has happened to her I will kill the whole town until I found the one who's responsible for it.

I heightened my senses as I walked into the forest. I could hear the tiniest heartbeat from a mile away, I could even smell the fries from the Mac Donald's on the other side of the town and my eyes we're bright blue at the moment so I will notice every movement in this big forest. I reached the bonfire after a quick walk. The place was covered with red plastic cups, alcohol bottles, beer cans, condoms... condoms? I thought bonfires were about singing songs and roasting marshmallows. I guess I'm too old for this shit. I sat down at an old big trunk as I placed my head in my hands. What if she went home with some guy... Stiles doesn't seemed bad after all. I always hear Cameron's heartbeat when something is up... but besides the sounds of the forest I heard nothing. That smell... It was a faint smell but I knew exactly what is was. The smell of iron. Blood.

I changed into my wolf form without a doubt. I couldn't care less if there was still a mortal around who could see me like this. I would snap is neck and continue with tracking down the smell of blood. I ran further into the forest jumping over old trunks until the smell was getting stronger every minute. I'm close. The wet leaves underneath my shoes were slippery and before I could get a grip on a three... I tripped and rolled down a hill. I hit a few trees on my way down, hit my head against a rock and ended up down the hill with a sharp branch through my calf. "fuck". I inhaled and exhaled before I pulled the branch out of my calf. I layed down on my back trying to ignore the pain as my body started to heal slowly. I rolled down on my side so the pain was more tolerable. But I forgot about the pain quickly cause a few feet away from me... I saw Cameron.

I jumped up and ran towards Cameron. I fell down next to her touching her face "Cameron" I breathed. "Cameron god Damnit say something" I yelled. I pulled my hand back and noticed it was covered with blood. She has a head wound. I placed my fingers In her neck trying to feel a pulse but I got nothing. I placed my ear on her chest but still I heard nothing. I dialled Stiles's number "Forest now!!" I screamed. I threw my phone away. "please Cameron..." I cried. Please don't leave me. I held her cold, pale body in my arms. "I need you..." but I could tell she had died a few hours ago.  "this is all my fault" I should have come with her. I should have been her date and protect her. What was she doing so far away in the woods? Out of frustration... anger... sadness... pain I growled as hard as I could. I needed my pack right now.

I can't remember what had happened the next couple of hours. I was still holding Cameron's body in my arms. I heard Scott talking to me but I couldn't hear the words. Stiles slapped me, but I felt nothing. I was in a shock. All I did was stare right in front of me shutting out every feeling that I felt inside so everything was completely blank. I'm not ready to feel the pain again. The pain of losing someone close. I rather die myself... right here right now. I was a puppet now. I did nothing, I felt nothing, I said nothing.... I passed out. After what felt like tree seconds I opened my eyes. I guess it was more than three seconds cause I was sitting in the waiting room of the vet's. Deaton's place. "how are you feeling?" Deaton's  calm voice asked. "Cameron" my mouth was dry "where... is... she" I tried to say. "she's in the other room Derek" Deaton replied. Why? "she... is....dead" I growled. "not exactly" Deaton replied. I glanced at him. "she is in transition".