chapter eight - it's you

I glanced at Cameron who just stepped out of her bedroom dressed and well. Guess the shower worked after all. I guess she was right about needing new clothes. the black converse, black skinny jeans and her dark grey sweater made her skin look more paler than it already was. The smell of her conditioner and sweet perfume ran through my nose. I looked at her hair. "ponytail huh" I said. "yea... finally I can have one" Cameron smiled as she ran her fingers through it. "sit down" I said to her and I pointed to the empty chair next to me. Yes I'm still sitting at the kitchen table in case Cameron needed me with that shower... and I don't mean that in a dirty way. Cameron didn't reply but she did what I asked. "you didn't freeze the shower water?" I raised an eyebrow. "no... I guess I really wanted to feel the warm water on my body" she sighed. Derek do not think about Cameron in the shower do not... "are you blushing?" Cameron asked curious. What the.. I never blush... I'm Derek Hale for fuck sakes. "uhm.. no" I replied quickly. Quick change the subject. "you want me to drive you to Deaton?" I asked. Smooth.

"no it's okay... I texted Crystal half an hour ago to pick me" Cameron replied. I watched her grab her phone out of her pocket and her fingers went quickly over the screen. She was biting her lip, lost in her thoughts. "what are you going to do today?" Cameron asked. She turned around on her chair so her knees were touching mine. Why doesn't she feels cold against me anymore? "I'm meeting up with Stiles and Scott" I replied. A smile appeared on her face "aww... you guys are going to gossip about me" Cameron giggled. I rolled my eyes. "gossip, talk, discuss... they need to know about you" I replied. Cameron turned back on her chair and her mood had changed, I could see it. Did I say anything wrong? "Cameron what is it?" I asked worried. She looked at me with her icy blue eyes which were shining at the moment. She was holding back her tears. "hey Cameron tell me" I said. I cupped her face with my left hand brushing away a tear with my thumb  that she desperately tried to held back.

"it's... it's just that" Cameron couldn't finished her sentence cause she started to cry. "come here" I whispered as I got up. I pulled her up from her chair and pressed her against my body. She wrapped her arms around my waist as she rested her head against my chest. I put my left arm around her back and with my right hand I gently stroked her hair. I didn't say anything, I just listened to her sobbing quietly. "your warm" Cameron whispered. You too. I smelled as I kissed her forehead. Her hair, her perfume, Cameron.. she smells so good. "your heartbeat is going crazy" Cameron whispered. It's because your holding me like this. "it's because I'm worried about you" I whispered back. What has gotten into me? I've known her for years but it seems like I've only met her yesterday... maby I'm just a little confused maby... I just need to get used to the new her. Yea... that would be it. "I'm just scared... my life will completely change" Cameron murmured in my shirt. Goose bumps. "it's going to be oke" I said as I gently pushed her away from me. "I'm here for you, you know that" I said.

"I know" Cameron smiled as she whipped some tears away with the sleeve of her shirt. We heard knocks on the door. "thats Allison" Cameron smiled. I watched her opening the door. "CAMERON OMG!!" Alison's screams filled the house. "you said you changed but I wasn't expecting this" Allison said, surprised. "your hair" Allison whispered. "blonde... I know right" Cameron smirked. Allison touched her arm "very cold indeed". "I'll explain everything in the car" Cameron replied as she awkwardly brushed her arm. I ignored the girls voices because I thought of something. I still need to tell her that she doesn't feels cold to me anymore and... that her tears didn't froze when she cried just then. "he Cameron I uhm.." Allison grabbed Cameron's arm "I'll bring her back before ten tonight Derek! Have fun with Scott" Cameron waved quickly before they both disappeared. "never mind" I sighed. I'll tell her later tonight...

Stiles and Scott have been here since two hours now. Lahey couldn't make It so I spoke with him over the phone. "oke let me get this straight" Stiles said "Cameron has been reincarnated by a white wolf and now she has to go on a mission ore something en besides that she's freaking hotter now?" Stiles cupped his face and I could tell he imagined Cameron with blonde hair. "what are you going to do?" Scott asked. He always wants to know what to do even though most of the time HE is the one that knows what to do since my actions are based on my temper at the moment. "this has nothing to do with us saving our parents? Attracting the supernatural?" Scott asked. "maby... I don't know" I replied. "I just want to you to know what's going on right now and I want you guys to keep an eye on her at school since I don't go there anymore".  "does Lahey know?" Stiles asked. "yes" I replied. The sound of keys and right after that Cameron walked in with three bags.

"oh damn" Stiles whispered. He looked like he was about to have a panic attack. "I'm going to have a panic attack" Stiles said to me. I punched his arm "shut up Stiles... that trick worked on Lydia but it won't work on this girl" I growled. "I think it's time to go home" Scott sighed to Stiles. "wait! Please I just want to know one thing!" Stiles jumped up from the couch moving closer to Cameron. "can you do telekinesis?" Stiles asked. "no" Cameron answered. "have you tried it?" Stiles eyes lit up. "yes since the moment I've walked through the door I have been strangling you in my mind but yet... you are still alive my friend" Cameron fake-smiled as she stormed to her bedroom. "well... at least she thinks about me" Stiles chuckled. Oh god why am I still hanging out with this kid. "because you love me" Stiles said "yea when I do things like this you have always put on a 'why the hell do I hang out with you' face". I rolled my eyes. "I'll call you soon oke" Scott said. I nodded. "Stiles put that thing down and leave" I ordered. "I can hear you whisper asshole" I added.

"Cameron?" I knocked on her door twice. "you don't have to knock this is your house" Cameron replied. She always says that. I opened the door. She was filling her closet with the new clothes she bought. I saw a lot of colours but no more black. "even though this is my house... this is your room so I always knock" I said. "how was it?" I asked as I sat down on the chair at her desk. "fun I mean... I'd never thought that shopping could be fun" Cameron smiled. I sighed as I raised an eyebrow. "oh.. you mean Deaton?" Cameron dropped a bag of clothes on her bed before she sat down on it, facing me. "well... he actually said the same things you did" Cameron said quietly. She looks so tired... fragile, like she could cave in any second now. "I should go to sleep and finish this tomorrow" Cameron yawned. "good idea" I whispered to myself.

"he before I go" I rubbed the back of my neck with my hand. "what?" Cameron yawned again. "you uhm... you didn't felt cold" I said quickly. "cold when?" Cameron started to untie her shoes. "when you touched me" I replied as I looked for her icy blue eyes. Look at me with your beautiful eyes. Cameron stopped untying her shoes and she met my gaze. Finally. "how is that possible? I mean... Allison flinched every time I accidently touched her... Deaton let me freeze six glasses of water and the damn women at the H&M store looked at me like I was a freak when I placed money in her hand" Cameron blurted out. I wish she could tell my why cause in my mind I'd ran through every possibility but I can't find one. "also.. your tears didn't froze" I said. "Derek I freaking cried at the vet's and my tears froze... why doesn't that happen when I'm around you?" Cameron was an inch away from freaking out anytime.

She got up and disappeared in the bathroom. "what are you doing?" I asked. She returned from the bathroom with two glasses filled with water. She held them with a towel around them so she wouldn't freeze them. She placed the glasses on the desk next to me. "experiment" Cameron whispered. Carefully and focussed, she grabbed one glass of water which froze instantly. "what are you trying to prove?" I asked confused. "shut up and give me your hand" Cameron ordered. I placed my hand in hers. With her other free hand she grabbed the other glass of water. It didn't froze. It didn't froze... it didn't froze... "Derek what did I tell you this morning when you asked me why the shower water didn't froze" Cameron asked. "I uhm... because you wanted It to feel warm?" I replied, still feeling slightly confused. Cameron dropped the glass of water on the desk as she pulled back her hand that I was holding. "It's... it's you... you are the broken one that I need to help" Cameron whispered.