Part 2: I didn't have a choice...

It was the afternoon when I started feeling pains in my chest.

It was like someone was kicking me right in the ribs...or someone was trying to break into my heart. My breathing was starting to feel restricted as I walked outside of the Lawrence High School grounds, stopping at the lawn and putting a hand on my heart. I tried to breath deeply in and out, but I felt like my lungs were being squeezed shut. As if someone had their fingers wrapped around one of them and squeezing the muscle tightly, not giving it up for anything...

"Jessica!"

I reluctantly turned around to see another guardian of heaven and friend, Zach Baker, standing at the front door of the school and walking towards me. When he reached me he picked me up in a hug and spun me around quickly in a circle, making me grit my teeth and grunt quietly.

"Are you alright?" he asked as he put me down, holding me at arms length as a line of worry crossed his chocolate eyes. I nodded and placed my hand on my heart, panting slightly.

"It's nothing," I reassured him, "I just...need the fresh air."

I had a sneaky suspicion that Melissa had something to do with my pain, almost like she was telling me to get a move on and break up with Kyle. I had never had this problem before, so it highly possible...

Zach didn't look convinced, but he was interrupted by someone else before he could say anything more.

I felt two arms wrap around my waist from behind me and a hard chest against my back. I could feel a hot breath on my neck as I stumbled a little on my feet, and a quiet chuckle in my ear.

"Here's my girl!" Kyle teased as he gave me a squeeze, cutting off even more of my airway.

"Hi Kyle," I gasped as he released me and placed a soft kiss on my cheek.

"Are you not more excited to see me?" he asked as he stood beside Zach, a expression of mock horror crossing his handsome features.

I smiled as Zach answered for me. "When is she not happy to see you?" he snorted.

Right now I sulked in my mind, Melissa's threat becoming more prominent in Kyle's presence. My chest was hurting sharper too, and I tried as hard as I could to hide it from Kyle.

"No, it's cool," Kyle shrugged as he slipped his hands into his black denim pockets, a causal look on his face, "just stab a knife in my back, Jessica."

"Kyle!" I exclaimed in horror as I looked to the person beside him, hearing loud chuckling.

"You are falling for it again Jessica," Zach smirked as Kyle presented a smile too. I rolled my eyes at their silliness as my heart sunk a little. I was going to miss that smile...

I grunted as I felt the pain move downwards from my chest to my stomach, making me wrap my arm around my waist.

That was not good.

"Jessica are you alright?" Kyle asked worriedly as he immediately made a move to help me. I held up my free hand in front of him.

"I'm fine," I lied.

"You are not," Zach protested as he talked to Kyle. "She was grunting a minute ago as well."

"I wasn't," I protested pathetically, watching as the two boys continued to talk.

"Jessica," Kyle began, "if you're not telling me about something serious, right now is not the time for lying..."

"Fine," I interrupted him, "Kyle, I need to talk to you."