Part 6: Epilogue

I had to come out here, just to take a break from everything. To get some air. To think.

I decided to climb a hill for the afternoon. There was one that was just twenty minutes away from reaching, and I was bored in my house and had some spare time.

I used to go hill walking a lot before I met Kyle; it was almost like a hobby for me. I liked the challenge of the journey and once you reached the highest point...you felt on top of the world.

It was a chilly Wednesday afternoon, and I had been sitting on a metal bench at the top of the hill for at least an hour now.

Kyle currently has a continued pardon on his imprisonment by Zeus, and he returns back to heaven for a week every Monday. Sure, I missed him a lot when he was gone, but I know it's the best for everyone in reality. And plus, when Kyle's gone, Zach's here, and vice versa.

I don't think the gods or Kyle want me to be here without any protection, because it's been proved that it's not safe for me to been alone anymore. They do know what's best for me I guess...

Hades searched the underworld for Marcus and Melissa, because apparently they weren't even allowed to go there by Zeus' orders. They found Melissa, who is currently spending time in imprisonment for misuse of power over a human and for nearly killing a guardian, and some of the followers have also been caught.

Marcus is still missing.

I'm starting to get paranoid by all the dangers that there are from knowing an angel because of him. Marcus could be anywhere, and he could come back for me or even anyone else I cared about if he's not caught. What if he came right now? Out on this hill where there would be no eyewitnesses to see I was missing? When I was alone and vulnerable?

That was why I wasn't aloud anywhere alone. Kyle is probably freaking out right now.

I felt the temperature turn a little colder, so I had to wrap my coat around me tighter for warmth. I saw the tree branches sway behind me and I heard the ghostly noise of the wind. With everything I had just been thinking about with Marcus...it was safe to say I was becoming a little scared. But who wouldn't?

I heard snapping of twigs over my shoulder, and I reflectively jumped and snapped around to see what was there. There was nothing, but I heard the same thing over my other shoulder too. I searched for something or someone to be there, and I was starting to get pretty creeped out.

It couldn't be Marcus...the gods said they would keep an eye on me down here for any trouble. Surely they would see him coming if it was?

Maybe I shouldn't have came here...I wasn't suppose to go anywhere alone while Marcus could still be out there...why did I ignore all of them? Why did I not listen to Kyle-

"Hi there."

I screamed and fell off of my seat in a heap on the ground as I heard laughter from behind me.

I knew that laugh.

I rolled over and saw a smirking Kyle leaning causally over the back of the bench, chuckling at me with his shimmering blue eyes.

I felt anger boil up inside of me. "Kyle! You gave me the freight of my life!"

"Well that's what you get for coming out here alone!" he laughed, a huge smile spread out on his face.

I rolled my eyes and pulled myself up from the ground, brushing off the dirt and leaves that were on my coat. I sat back down on the bench with my arms crossed ignoring Kyle, who still stood behind me.

"Aw, come on Jess," he teased, "don't put your pouty face on."

"Am I pouting?" I asked sarcastically, "I didn't realise."