Chapter 1

Liane's POV

I'm having my ear surgery today. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Excited because I'm finally going to her my parents' voices and nervous because the surgery might not go well. I pray that my surgery will be a success.

My doctor went inside my room. She started to write something on her clipboard.

"We're bringing you to do surgery room. Are you okay?" Doctor Samantha wrote.

I gave her a thumbs up with a smile. I can't talk by the way but I can practice after I get my surgery done.

The nurses walked inside and transferred me to another bed. They start to push me to the surgery room.

*****

My eyes fluttered open. I saw my doctor and my brother standing in front of me. I'm hearing sounds or voices. I don't know, I'm just hearing stuff.

"Lia? Can you hear me?" I heard doctor Samantha say. I nodded.

"Thank God your surgery went well." My 18 year old brother Jace said. I smiled at him.

I find hearing so weird. Maybe because it's my first time.

"Okay, so Lia can go home tomorrow. Make sure your house is not that noisy for a week. Her ears might hurt when there's too much noise." Samantha told Jace. Jace nodded.

"I'll be back later." Samantha said then left.

"How's my baby sister?" Jace asked.

I got my whiteboard and marker from the desk beside me. I started writing.

"I'm fine. Where's mom and dad?" I showed it to Jace.

"They're working but I think they're now home." Jace said. I nodded.

I started writing again.

"Can we get something to eat? I'm really hungry." Jace laughed when he read it.

I raised my eyebrow.

"Okay okay. Change your clothes first." Jace said. I looked at what I'm wearing then laughed.

Yes, I can laugh. I'll practice talking as soon as I get home so I can communicate with my family.

I got up from my bed then grabbed my clothes from my bag and changed into them.

"Let's go?" Jace asked. I nodded.

We walked out of my room. I brought my whiteboard and marker with me. We went to my favorite Italian restaurant. Jace ordered our food, of course cause I can't talk. I took my phone out of my bag and texted my best friend Dale.

"Hey Dale!"

Dale responded few seconds later.

[ Hey Lia! How's my one and only girl? ]

Yep, he calls me "his girl" and I don't mind him calling me that. We were best friends since we were 9 and I trust him so much. People think that we are more than best friends but really, we're just best friends. I snapped put of my thoughts and realized that I haven't replied to him.

"I'm fine. The surgery went well. I can finally hear now."

[ thank God. I can't wait for you to hear my handsome voice. ]

I laughed when I read that. Jace walked to me, bringing our food.

"Okay gtg. Jace and I are having lunch."

I kept my phone and didn't wait for Dale's reply. Sorry haha.

"Did Dale text you?" Jace asked. I nodded.

Jace handed me my food then I started eating.

~~~~~~~~~~

Jace's POV

I'm so glad that my baby sister can know hear. I'll try to teach her talk when I have time. I can't promise though cause I'm always busy in school and I'm living in an apartment away from my family.

I handed Lia her food. She started eating it. I smiled at her then started eating my food. We were eating then my phone started ringing. It's Kelsey, our oldest sister.

"Excuse me." I said then stood up. I walked a little far from Lia. I answered Kelsey's call.

[ did the surgery go well? How's Lia? ]

"The surgery went well. Lia's fine. She can hear now."

[ that's good. You can now teach her how to talk. ]

"I'll try. But you know I'm always busy. Why not teach her yourself?"

[ you're not the only one who's busy. I'm busy doing stuff too. ]

"Like what?"

[ none of your business. Bye ]

Kelsey ended the call. I kept my phone then went back to our spot.

Liane's almost finished with her food. She got her board and marker when she noticed me.

"Was that Kelsey?" Lia wrote. I nodded.

"Finish your food. We'll go back to your room, your doctor might be looking for you." I said. Lia nodded and finished her food.

I'm done with my food, I just waited for Lia to finish. Lia put her thumb up, meaning that she's done.

"Let's go." I said then stood up. Lia also stood up and got her bag.

We went back to Lia's room. I decided to teach Lia some words.

"Want me to teach you some words?" I asked Lia. She nodded.

"Okay, try saying your name."

*****

Lia can now say her nickname and full name. She can also say my name, Kelsey's name and few things. I tried to teach her mom and dad's name but she can't say them.

"Liane, here are your medicines. Drink these twice a day for 2 weeks. After breakfast and dinner." Samantha said, walking in.

She handed Lia her medicines, Lia kept them in her bag.

"I'll be back later." She said then left.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! So here's my new story. Hope you like it 💙

Ps. Pls suggest titles, this story rly needs one and I can't freaking think of one HAHA