Brighter Than the Sun

When she told Xavier that Dylan was more than welcome to join them at any point on tour, she did not expect this to be the result.

Apparently being around his younger brother for extended periods of time caused Xavier's already lower than average maturity level to steadily decline. Although she was used to Xavier showing up in her hotel rooms unannounced, she was entirely unprepared to come back from a morning jog and immediately be attacked with foam darts being shot from Nerf guns.

"I surrender," she cried out, holding out a hand just in time to swat away a dart that was headed straight for her face. "You two are chipper this morning."

She glanced at Xavier, who's eyes were bright and his smile wide and she felt her heart sing a little. Although they had returned to being friendly after their visit to North Carolina, she still felt as though they were tiptoeing around each other.

Or maybe it was just her. Because Xavier knew what he wanted. He'd always known what he wanted. She was the one being annoyingly indecisive.

It wasn't malicious, though. The truth was, she was keeping him at a distance for his own benefit. Being with her was a shit storm she wasn't willing to put him through.

That being said, asking him to kiss her was probably the worst idea she'd ever had. She had very clearly explained that it wasn't to change the dynamic between them, but the problem was that she hadn't been able to stop thinking about it since.

The way his lips felt on top of hers was something that couldn't quite be put into words. Something miraculous, really, and she was entirely certain she would remember that moment for many years to come.

"What's got you buzzing, bro?" she asked Dylan as she brought her nearly empty water bottle to her lips and finished off the rest.

His eyes widened in excitement and he grinned so big that she was sure it had to be hurting his cheeks. "We're going to Disneyworld today."

She glanced at Xavier, who was gazing at his brother with such love and adoration that it made her instantly warm. Smiling at Dylan, she nodded in response to his excitement. "Sounds awesome."

"You're coming with us right?"

Raising her eyebrows, she sputtered slightly as she answered. "Are you sure? I don't want to intrude on your brotherly bonding time."

Pressing his lips together, Dylan rolled his eyes and made a buzzing noise before replying. "I'm sick to death of him."

"Hey," Xavier called out, looking a little offended. "That's not nice, dude."

Dylan rolled his eyes again. "Please. You know you want her to come."

Kasia raised her eyebrows in surprise as she looked at Xavier, whose cheeks tinted pink as he shook his head. Shooting his brother a glare, he gazed at her apologetically and shrugged. "You should come. It'll be fun."

"Alright," she succumbed to the younger boy's pleading eyes. "That does sound fun."

"Yes!" Dylan pumped a fist in the air. "It'll be epic."

"Let me go shower and change and I'll meet you guys in the lobby in an hour. Sound good?"

"Deal," Dylan grinned before grabbing Xavier's hand and dragging him out the door.

Shaking her head and laughing, Kasia turned towards the bedroom, stopping by the dresser en route to the bathroom to check the messages on her phone. She instantly grinned at the single message displayed on the screen.