Epilogue

"We're here!" Dylan said as their car came to a stop, his voice coming out almost like a high pitched squeal. Which could've been a testament to his current emotional state or the fact that his voice was changing and seemed to crack in every other sentence he spoke.

Kasia grinned widely, his happiness was contagious, after all. "You excited, Dyl? You seem excited."

"Shut up," he mumbled, momentarily embarrassed before deciding that he had every right to feel the way he did and stretching his lips into a slow smile. "This is a big deal."

She immediately felt guilty for dampening his light, especially on such an important night.

"You're right," she assured him, reaching over Annie, who was sitting in the middle of the back seat of the large SUV, to comfortingly squeeze Dylan's shoulder. "It's a huge deal. Ready for the insanity?"

Although his eyes were still wide with wonder, he admitted, "I'm a little nervous."

"Don't worry," she said softly, inhaling deeply to calm her own nerves as the driver opened her door. "I'll be with you the whole time."

Nodding, Dylan flashed her a grateful smile and waited as she and Annie stepped out onto the red carpet before following suit. Kasia kept close to her best friend and her boyfriend's little brother, her arms permanently wrapped around their waists as they stepped in front of the bleacher full of people with large cameras and the shouting and bright flashes began.

The entire situation was a little surreal. Concerts didn't usually have red carpets, but this was no normal concert. As the grand finale to his world tour, Xavier was playing three sold out shows at Madison Square Garden and his manager had managed to turn the final show into a star studded spectacular in order to celebrate Xavier's second album going platinum. Anyone who was anybody was invited and because the after party wasn't going to be a public affair – because Xavier didn't want to do anything that Dylan couldn't come to – the press photos were being taken as the stars arrived to the concert itself, pulling up to the entrance which had been closed off and designated for VIPs.

This was probably around the hundredth red carpet event Kasia had attended, so she wasn't particularly nervous, but she knew it was all new for Dylan and Annie, so she whispered words of encouragement in their ears as the paparazzi called out their names.

"Kasia, over here! On your left! Can we get an over the shoulder shot? Any comment on the rumors that you and Xavier secretly got married in Hawaii last month?"

She had to keep herself from grinning at that last question. They'd gone on vacation to spend some quality time together before they set off on their respective tours and would be apart for months at a time. When they returned to the mainland, it seemed every news outlet was convinced that the real purpose of their little getaway was to tie the knot in a private ceremony. It was an intriguing idea and if they ever did get married, she imagined they'd both like it to be as small an event as possible.

But for now, it was just fun to keep people guessing. Shooting the paparazzo who had asked the question a wry smile, she said, "If I commented, it wouldn't be a secret anymore, would it? Thanks, guys."

Dylan seemed to be getting a bit overwhelmed by all the cameras, so she ushered him and Annie inside, relaxing a bit when they were no longer in the craziness.

"Do you wanna go wish Xavier luck?" she asked Dylan. They'd seen him a few hours ago, before he left for soundcheck, but the show was starting in under an hour, which meant he could very well be a bundle of nerves and seeing his little brother might be just the calming agent he needed.