(1)

My phone has only 45% left and I still haven't found anyone who can answer my calls. Dad and mom weren't answering. They were supposed to stay in the countryside for a few weeks. I only got a few friends maybe 4 or 5 if you count my brother. Speaking of him.

"Hey Ares, when are we gonna move out of this building? It's reeking with rats and grime and mostly vomit with beer." I turned around to find my brother kicking beer bottles and make them topple to the ground. One of it rolled towards me and I noticed the brand of the beer.

"Look at this Claude. It's the cheapest alcohol you are gonna see. Michelle is the name." I grabbed the beer bottle and read its continents. Wow. There're onion and garlic in it? Weird. If I knew the ingredients I wouldn't even drink it.

"You still haven't answered my question." He walked towards the shattered window to look around.

"Wait a minute will you? I'm still not done with your cell phone. You got lots of friends." I opened his phone and scrolled down his contacts.

"What's the use of calling them? They are no use to us. They are probably dead right now or eating someone by now." He walked in a pace but then stopped in front of me and snatched his phone back.

"You are using the battery. It's only 29% now. Damn brat." He turned his phone off and stomped away.

"What the hell. Claude do you want to survive or not?" I stood now. I was really frustrated. He is the older one shouldn't he be responsible for protecting us? From all of those creatures that were once human but got infected by some virus? And he's worried about some game?

Seriously he is getting on my nerves.

"Yes I do but I do not want to rot and die in a building that stinks. And not even get to play games on my phone while trying to get away from here. Now can we move to another building or store?" I just rolled my eyes at his stupidity. Doesn't he even think of what is to become of him when he just roams around? He can get ambushed or whatever.

"We stay here." I decided like a boss. Well, technically I'm the boss between us.

"I'm leaving then. You stay here with your beaten ego and pride." He turned around and left through the window.

Kay fine. Just leave.

And I'm alone again.

I walked toward the window and watched him climb down with the help of the pipes. I closed the window quietly. To not attract attention. This was just the 2nd floor. In the hallways, 5 dead bodies were lying rotten. Haven't checked out the next 2 floors. But I haven't heard any disturbances either. So I think I'm fine being in here.

Wait. What happened to the bodies in the first place? there's someone in this building with me. No one has attacked us yet so that guy is probably injured or was waiting for my brother to go. I need to go and check this place out.