[3]

(Tryin' to make the chapter longer XD even without lyrics...Oh and Happy New Year! )

with lyrics : 1152          without lyrics: 984

'Its because you can annoy me like some gum stuck to the bottom of my shoes.' I thought in my head. "I don't know. Ask him if you want I won't bother." I shifted to the side and started humming a twenty-one pilot song. 'Addict with a pen' to be specific.

"Ya sure?" He checked. But I didn't reply. I was too focused on trying to remember the next lyrics. I hummed, and in the next seconds to get past time I started singing and rapping the lyrics. Because I had nothing to do. And I actually forgot that James was still there.

(long lyrics ahead XD sorry)

I try desperately to run through the sand 

As I hold the water In the palm of my hand

Cause it's all that I have

And it's all that I need and 

The waves of the water 

Mean nothing to me

But I try my best 

And all that I can to 

Hold tightly onto 

What's left in my hand

But no matter how 

How tightly I will strain 

The sand will slow me down 

And the water will drain

I'm just being dramatic 

In fact, I'm only at it again 

As an addict with a pen

Who's addicted to the wind 

As it blows me back and forth

Mindless, spineless, and pretend 

Of course, I'll be here again 

See you tomorrow

But it's the end of today 

End of my ways 

As a walking denial

My trial was filed as a crazy

Suicidal head case

But you specialize in dying 

You hear me screaming Father

And I'm lying here just crying 

So wash me with your water

I tapped my thigh to keep my rhythm going and I just looked at the floor the whole time. Remembering why I listened to the songs. My life before this apocalypse thing happened.

"So you have talent in singing to TOP songs..." I suddenly snapped out of my thoughts after hearing James.

"Huh?" I asked him. "You were singing man, twenty-one pilots about water and sand and a suicidal headcase." He shrugged like it was no big deal. "Wait I wasn't humming it? Was I freaking singing it? What the heck is wrong with me?" I slapped my forehead with my hands. I felt my face start to burn into embarrassment.

"Aww, cute." James chuckled. His right hand patted my head. But I swatted his hands away, which made him smile even more.

"Wait you know Twenty-One Pilots!?" I asked him in disbelief.

But before he can say anything we heard a crash from the staircase making James turn towards it and made a move of revealing a sharp knife. A very sharp knife.

Where did he get that? I want one of those.

I grabbed my pipe and waited for something to move from the stairs. I and James were still as statues, eyes glued in the same direction. But nothing happened.

"I thought you were from upstairs? What was that?!" My hushed alarmed whisper broke the silence.

"I've been here just now before you went going upstairs. I came from the window." He gestured to the right and I glanced that way. There was a fire exit ladder. We can use that for now as our escape route.

"I'll check it out. Don't move." I took a daring step forward and let out a sigh.

"Are you sure? I can defend myself you know...Okay, If you insist." James shook his head at me.

I transferred the metal bar to my left hand and continued. I kept my back to the wall as I went up. Like a trained police officer. I heard a faint thud, next a high pierced shriek that even James, from my peripheral vision, covered his ears from the frequency. But I went on. Bracing myself for the worst.

Something was thrown straight at me from above. I hit it with force to the side with my pipe, making the 'thing' travel down to James way. James yelped and dodged to the right. He gave me glare after that. I just shrugged in return.

It was a corpse of a dog. It looks like one. I'm not sure anymore. Its skin was shredded like paper, soaked with its own blood. Sharp fangs in its jaws. And it's blood red eye was looking straight at me. Yes, an eye. Its pair was left with an empty socket. It was probably the one making scratches everywhere.

"Creepy," James muttered and poked the corpse with the tip of his knife. "You are creepier." I snorted at him.

"Stay." I pointed to James and he quirked his brow at me. " Stay. Obey your master." He rolled his eyes and sat next to the dog. With the posture of one and gave a 'woof' reply. And it was my turn to roll my eyes.

"Good. Wait for my brother." I nodded and left him.

The hallway above was bloodier than below. And the stench. Awful. My muddied shoes were making 'squishy' sounds every step I made. Making me cringe in disgust. The doors were broken and was left to rot with the liquid on the floor. The first room was the bloodiest. At the center of the room was a sitting figure.

"Y—ou...are... ano—ther..." A girlish but monotone voice croaked out.

Zombies don't say actual words. So was this a human. But it doesn't look human either.

"Some--onhe li-e me..." Its hair was black and was dipped into red fluids making it shiny. Its clothes were made of red and like the corpse of the dog earlier was shredded and was hanging in some places. Its skin was black and blue, though, there were not a single cut on her just bruises.

"Sta—y wit- m—e... I'm...lon-wly..." Its eyes were not red. Instead, it was green. A cold hue of green. With red tears flowing out of its eyes. Its pale hand reached out to me.

"Bee-n alone..."

I took a step back and another. But it crawled forward with my pace, dragging its own body forward, it made a wrong move and it slipped on the blood. The body slumped forward and collided with the floor. I heard a loud snap and it gave an agonized cry.

"STA—argh!"

It moved again and gave another cry that made me sprinting down the way I came from.

"James! Let's get out of here! Right now!" I took two steps at the same time. I landed to the next floor and was greeted with no-one except the dead dog.

  "STAY!" The creature was now blocking the fire escape blood trailing after her and she rolled her eyes as if looking for me.

"Damn it!"

I sighed and continued with going down the floor i was in before and try to go out the same way my brother went.