ten

Cleo's POV:

"Cleo, wake up," a very familiar voice whispers softly into my ear.

"No," I groan, rolling away from the voice.

I feel warm lips pressing against the skin of my neck, which pulls me from sleep completely, but I keep my eyes sealed to see what else Harry has to offer. His hands slowly trail up my sides, leaving goosebumps in their wake. A small smile creeps onto my lips and I fight it back, not wanting to get caught fake sleeping. The thin t-shirt I'm wearing is slowly pulled up and Harry's lips place open mouthed kisses sporadically on my stomach. It's when he rubs the scruff on his chin back and forth against my skin that I finally lose my composure and burst into a fit of giggles.

"You little faker!" Harry exclaims.

I curl into his warm chest and smile up at him, "I couldn't resist."

My lips are captured chastely by his soft ones, "How'd you sleep?"

"Wonderfully! You?"

"Really well because I had you in my arms all night."

I snort, "You're so cheesy!"

"Just call me Gouda," he says in his high pitched terrible joke voice.

I shake my head disapprovingly, "You are such a dork."

"But I'm your dork." My heart nearly leaps right out of my chest when these words spill from his lips in a soft whisper.

"So, let's see: that's the fourth night in a row that you've slept soundly through the night. I wonder why..."

I roll my eyes, "Don't be smug."

"I'm not, I'm just stating facts."

"In a smug-like manner."

"I guess I better go home and get ready. These sleepovers are becoming such a hassle," he teases.

I sit up and pull his shirt off over my head, tossing it at him, "Might I remind you that these sleepovers were your idea."

He rolls out of bed, tugging his jeans and brown boots on, "Oh yeah, I almost forgot."

I make my way to my closet to find a suitable outfit for school, only wearing underwear. I'm pulling an oversized crewneck sweatshirt off a hanger and about to put it on, when I feel two large hands slide up my arms and clasp onto my own. Harry turns me around to face him and throws the garment to the side, placing my hands on his neck and settling his onto my lower back.

"Let's skip school today," he murmurs, tracing his index finger up and down my spine.

I sigh, "I can't, I'm already on the truant list. If I miss any more school this semester I won't graduate."

He shrugs, "Graduating is overrated anyway."

"I. Can't." I reiterate slowly, giving him a quick peck on the lips before bending down to pick up the sweatshirt I planned on wearing.

"Fine, but since you won't spend the day with me, you have to go to this party with me tonight," he casually states.

I groan, "Ian's having a party?"

Harry bites his lip, "I know you're not too fond of the guy, but he's cool and I'm new and-"

"It's fine, I'll go. But you don't need him to make friends, people are practically fighting over you," I reassure him.

His eyes narrow slightly as he pulls my body closer to his, "Are you stroking my ego?"

"Maybe a little," I admit.