Chapter 6

I stared in shock at the two teenagers that stood in front of me, Andy had that stupid grim on his face while Jake was smiling slightly.

Andy had grown his hair a bit longer and I noticed he had a tattoo, Jake hasn't changed much but he too had grown his hair longer.

"May? You okay?" Ashley asked putting his hand on my shoulder, I turned to face him and smiled "yeah I'm fine" I replied and he nodded.

Andy glanced at Ashley before looking at me once again, his icy blue eyes full of confusion "oh I'm Ashley by the way, May's friend" Ashley said holding his hand out for Andy to shake.

"I'm Andy, I'm May's friend me and Jake have known her since we were kids" Andy said shaking his hand as Jake did too.

"Oh well done by the way May, you did great" Jake said and I smiled "thanks" I said and he nodded, we stood in an awkward silence for a few moments before I spoke.

"Ashley? Could you leave us three alone for a few minutes? I need to have a talk with Jake and Andy" I said and he nodded.

"Yeah sure" he said exiting the room I had already told Ashley about Jake and Andy and what happened when Andy left and he understood the situation.

"Why?" I asked and Andy gave me a confused look as he moved his hair out of his eyes "what do you mean?" He asked "why did you both leave without saying goodbye?!, you guys left me alone and I had no one" I said pausing.

"I met Ashley and he was always there for me unlike you" I said "May, I'm sorry" he said trying to comfort me as tears fell down my face.

"You didn't even say goodbye, I tried to contact you" I said "May, we lost your number and Andy broke his phone" Jake said.

"You could of came round and told me" I replied "I know it probably sounds selfish but imagine having to wake up to what I've been through and find your best friend have vanished" I said.

"I thought you guys hated me" I whispered tears rolling down my cheeks, Andy tried to put his arm around my shoulders but I pushed him away.

"Don't touch me" I said "you made a promise Andy, you broke that promise" I said and he looked down at the ground "I know May, I was an idiot I wish I could turn back time but I can't" he said.

"May we will always be there for you no matter what" Jake said "you guys have no idea what I've been through, I trusted you and you guys left me" I said pausing.

"My parents started arguing when I was 12, I thought it was just a small argument but then I started to happen all the time, my father ten started to abuse my mother and then hit me several times" I said fresh tears filling my eyes.

"May I'm sorry" Andy said looking up at me "I met Ashley and he helped me through everything" I said and Jake nodded.

"May, we tracked you down in hope that we can rebuild our friendship and become close friends once again; all three of us." He said "Ashley could even  be in our band I he wanted, we all could become friends" Andy said.

"It's not that easy Andy" I said grabbing my hoodie and zipping it up, I already had my converse on ad I grabbed my bag.

"You made a promise and swore you would never break it" I said and he looked guilty.

"You broke your promise Andy"