Chapter 9

"Thank you" I said as I took my drink and handed the money over to the cashier, I took a seat next to the window in the corner and pulled my phone out.

The time read 2:00 and I then put my phone away and rested my feet on the edge of the table and pulled my knees up slightly, I took a sip from my drink and I looks up at the doorway to see Andy and Jake heading in.

They ordered their drinks and spotted me in the corner and came over and sat down, I put my drink down as we sat in a awkward silence.

"So what did you want to talk to me about?" I asked while Andy looked up "we've obviously been through a lot together, the three of us, we've been best friends since we were kids and I believe we can become closer than we were as kids" he said.

"May, we missed you and that's why we came back because we regretted leaving you" Jake said as I paused "I missed you guys too, I guess I was just annoyed because I ever got to see you guys again and laugh with the both of you like we did as kids" I said.

"I think we just need to take things slow and we'll be as close as we were when we were kids" I said and they smiled "yeah I think that's sounds like a great idea" Andy said and he took a sip from his drink.

"Oh by the way, what's going on with your hair? You look like a fetus version of yourself Biersack" I said and Jake laughed "Hey! There's nothing wrong with my hair" he said pouting while me and Jake laughed.

"Do you wanna go shopping?" Andy asked "hell yeah!" I said as we all stood up and went outside "my cars over here" Andy said as we followed him and got in the car.

KISS came on the radio and we all sing along to the songs and laughed as we drove to the shopping centre, by the time we arrived KickStart My Heart by Mötley Crüe was playing.

Andy turned the engine off which cut the music off "hey! I love that song" I said while we go out "that's exactly why I turned it off" he said as he locked his car.

I laughed as we went into the centre and we all headed for Hot Topic straight away, it was the one I worked at so I got discount which was great.

"So is Ashley in a band?" Jake asked while we looked through the t-shirts, Andy had seen some batman stuff and ran across the shop to go fanboy over it.

"Yeah, his bands called Stolen Hearts and they've just finished making a new song" I said while Jake nodded "why?" I asked "Me and Andy were thinking about maybe Ashley could join our band, but since he's already in a band them I guess the ideas gone then" he said.

"I'll mention the idea to him" I said while Andy came running over with his arms full of Batman stuff, "I'm going to buy all these" he said while we both laughed as he ran over to the counter and minutes later he came walking over to us with a bag full of stuff.

"Hey May? I think you'd look great in this dress" Andy said holding a black dress out, it was all black apart from a small white part which was on the lower torso, it was a corset style and would reach to about the knees.

It was beautiful and it was sleeveless so it would show of my collarbone and porcelain skin, "I don't think so" I said while he shoved it in my hands "I think you should get it" Andy said.

"In fact we'll pay for it" He said and before I knew it he had grabbed I back out my hands and was paying for it "Andy!" I said while Jake laughed "you know you can't change his mind" Jake said as I sighed.

"I might as well pay for these then" I said as we headed to the counter where a smiling Andy was waiting, I paid for my stuff and asked Andy how much the dress was when we got outside.

"$29.99" he said and my eyes widened "Here's the money for it" I said handing him $30 but he just looked at it "I'm not taking the money, plus it's like a late birthday present from me and Jake" he said while they both nodded.

"Are you sure?" I asked while he nodded "thank you" I said and pulled him in for a hug as we hugged I slipped the $30 in his back pocket.

I then pulled away and gave Jake a hug, we then looked around a few more shops and bought a few more times before heading back to the car.

"It's been great spending time with you guys" I said as we drove back to my house, "it sure has" Jake said "oh yeah you don't have our number" Andy said as Jake gave me his and Andy's numbers and I gave them mine.

Andy said he wanted to be saved in my phone as 'Batman🌚' and Jake wanted to be saved as 'Jake🍕'.

We arrived at my house "hey why don't we go out for dinner one time, You can bring A date with you if you want because we are" Andy said scratching the back of his head nervously.

"Yeah it sounds like fun, just messaged when you want to go out and the place and everything else" I said while he nodded "thanks guys" I said climbing out the car with my bags, when I reached the front door I opened it.

I turned around and waved while they drove off, I ran upstairs and placed my bags down and noticed Ashley Must of went out.

I changed into some pyjamas and went downstairs and made some coffee, I was wearing my black sweats and a black best top with my hair tied up in a bun when I heard a knock on the door.

"Hey May, Ashley needed help getting home I guess you could say..." Michael said "drunk?" I asked raising my eyebrow "yep" he said and helped Ashley into the sitting room.

Ashley fell asleep as soon as he was placed on the couch and I giggled, "thanks Michael" I said while he gave me a small salute and headed out of the door.

I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and sat down at the table in the lounge and took a sip of my coffee, I decided to write a song and managed to come up with a full song called Lost In Paradise*

It went like this:

I've been believing in something so distant
As if I was human
And I've been denying this feeling of hopelessness
In me, in me

All the promises I made
Just to let you down
You believed in me, but I'm broken

I have nothing left
And all I feel is this cruel wanting

We've been falling for all this time
And now I'm lost in paradise

As much as I'd like the past not to exist
It still does
And as much as I'd like to feel like I belong here
I'm just as scared as you

I have nothing left
And all I feel is this cruel wanting

We've been falling for all this time
And now I'm lost in paradise

Run away, run away
One day we won't feel this pain anymore

Take it all away
Shadows of you
Cause they won't let me go

Until I have nothing left
And all I feel is this cruel wanting

We've been falling for all this time
And now I'm lost in paradise

Alone, and lost in paradise

****

I yawned as I got up and placed my coffee mug in the kitchen and grabbed the piece of paper and shoved it in my file and placed it on the stool of my piano, yes I learned to play piano.

I then grabbed the spare blanket and placed it over Ashley, I then made sure all the doors were locked and then headed up to bed...

*Lost In Paradise is a song By Evanescence but in this story Evanescence doesn't exist and May is the one who came up with the song.