Chapter 4: Live Free or Twihard

Live free or twihard

Another day, another case. We pull up in front of this town's police station. Sam runs inside to get the police reports and me and Dean wait out by the car.
"Are you really okay? Like really?" Dean asks me.
"Well right now I think that me and you should ditch Sam and get a motel room," I hip bump him, "But yes, I'm really fine." I say. Dean takes a step away from the impala that we're leaning and moves to stand very closely in front of me. He slowly starts leaning and kisses me. Which quickly heats up. Dean's phone starts ringing and interrupts us.
"Hello?" Dean answers. "I can probably stop by soon. I'm not actually not that far. I'm about a night's drive....Well theres some stuff I gotta do here first," He winks at me, who the hell is he talking to? "But sure, I'll wrap up here and you know, make sure I'm not followed, I'll have to take side streets and I'd have to come at night... Yeah... Of course." Dean hangs up right as Sam walks up to us. Well that's perfect timing...
"Who were you talking to?" Sam asks. It was probably Lisa...
"Who? No one. What do you got?" Sam hands over a pile of missing person fliers that Dean briefly looks through.
"Six girls in seven days, which is more disappearances than this city has seen in over a year, all about the same age."
"And cute," Sam scoffs, "Hey, ice cream comes in lots of flavors, Sam." Dean says.
"Right, sure. Well, half a dozen girls, late teens, a shower away from greatness. Sounds like a profile. I mean, what else they got in common?"
"Well...six directions to go here. Pick a number." I say.
"Seven. Another call just came in today." We get into the impala to drive to one of the victim's houses. We walk up and knock on the door. A man opens and we show him our FBI badges
"Good afternoon, Sir. We just need to ask you a few questions, maybe take a look around if that's alright." I say.
"Sure, sure. Come in." He motions for us to step inside and we follow him into the living room. "Kristin was a good kid. A little naïve, sure... you try to be a good parent. Girls are hard."
"Right, well, we'd just like to find your daughter." Sam says. The father nods his head towards the stairs.
"Last door on the left."
"Thanks." Dean says. The three of us walk up the stairs.
"What do you think he was talking about?" I ask quietly.
"Drugs?" Sam answers.
We enter Kristin's room and Dean flips on the light. There are vampire posters everywhere. The walls are painted red. Her bed pillows are vampire-themed.
"Oh it is so much worse." Dean says.
"Vampires?" Sam snorts.
"I don't know, I mean, I'm kinda into this." I say jokingly.
"Ah, these aren't vampires, these..." Sam closes the door and theres a full size cut-out of some teen heart-throb vampire. "These are douche bags." Dean says.
"Yeah." Sam says.
"Wow." Dean says looking around the room. I start looking around the room. I walk towards the bed and flip the covers back, I lift the pillows and theres a red laptop. I bring it over to the desk.
"Lets see what we can see. Alright." I say as I sit down in the computer chair. I power up the laptop. As soon as its on it makes a screaming noise and a picture of a fake vampire pops up, making the three of us flinch.
"Now that's just...uncomfortable."
"What's he so bummed out about?" Dean asks. I start pressing random keys hoping something will happen. A prompt to enter a password comes up. "Look at this. He's watching her sleep. How is that not rape-y." Dean says holding up a book with a sleeping girl being watched by a vampire on the cover.
"I gotta concentrate here Dean." I say. I can hear Dean start flipping through the pages. I try entering 'Dracula' as the password and the computer just makes that screaming noise again.
"'He could hear the blood rushing inside her, almost taste it. He tried desperately to control himself...Romero knew their love was impossible...' Romero? Really?" Dean says reading part of the book.
"Dean, shut up." Sam says for me.
"This is a national best seller. How is that possible?" I try another password and I just get more screaming. "Hey, try uh...Lautner." I start typing it in and then stop...
"Wait, he's a werewolf. How do you even know who that is?"
"Are you kidding me? That kid's everywhere. It's a freakin' nightmare." I keep typing it in with hope. Another scream.
"Hey, how many T's are there in Pattins..." I start typing and finally!! "That's it. We're in!" I start going through a facebook page that was left open.
"Well?" Dean asks.
"Well her inbox is full, from some guy claiming to be a vampire." Sam says, reading the page over my shoulder.
"A real vampire?"
"Well uh... 'I can only meet you at night...I don't trust myself with you...the call of your blood is too strong...' Vampires fishing for victims?" I ask.
"Probably just a human mouth-breather, right?" Dean says .
"On the other hand, talk about easy prey." Sam says.
"For actual vamps." I say.
"Yeah, I mean. These chicks are just throwing themselves at you. All you gotta do is...I dunno...write bad poetry." Sam says.
"This guy wanted to meet her at a place called The Black Rose."
"Gimme a break." Dean says.
"Just reporting the news." I say.
"It's probably just your standard-issue perv, right?" I close the laptop. As we're leaving the house we thank the girl's dad and head out.
Dean drives us to a motel that's close and I go inside with Dean to check in. After so many times of people thinking that Sam and Dean are gay...it's easier this way if I just go with one of the two. We walk up to the front desk.
"Hello, how can I help you?" The motel employee asks.
"Do you have any rooms that have two beds and a cot?" I ask.
"Absolutely we do."
"Okay, well we actually only need a room that has just two beds." Dean says. The employee looks at me in a questioning way.
"Yes, we do." Dean gives him one of the many fake credit cards we have.
"What the hell was that?" Dean asks as we're walking away from the desk to get our bags and to get Sam.
"What was what?" I ask playing dumb.
"Asking for a room with a cot. We don't need that. You and I always share a bed."
"Right well, with you talking to Lisa earlier and saying that you were going to go see her..."
"I was planning on telling her off actually."
"Uh huh, sure you were." I pat his arm and then walk away.
Once we're in the room and have all the weapons laid out, we're trying to figure out which ones to pack and take with us to The Black Rose. There's tension between me and Dean right now. Sexual tension and angry tension.
"You guys okay?" Sam says as he finishing cleaning one of the guns. I guess he feels the tension too.
"We're fine." I say looking over at Dean. I go back to wiping and polishing my blades. Out of the corner of my eye I see Dean cock his head towards the door while looking at Sam.
"I'm just gonna go for a walk and grab a snack or something." Sam says as he gets up and leaves. Dean walks towards the door and locks the deadbolt.
"Ash." He says as he starts walking towards me.
"Dean." I say as I stand up.
"You can come with me when I break it off with her."
"Fine." I say. Now our faces are centimeters apart. And now its and awkward sexual tension. Neither of us wanting to make the first move. Finally Dean grabs my face and kisses me. I grab his jacket and pull him closer until we're pressed against each other. I start lowering myself down onto the bed, pushing my knives to the floor in the process. Dean climbs on top of me...