Chapter 4

"Argh! I don't know what I'm going to wear!" Sophie said, frustrated.
It was the day of her and Fitz's date, and it seemed that there was nothing in Sophie's closet that was perfect for the occasion.
"How about this one?" Biana held up a pink fluffy gown.
"No. You know I don't really like pink!" Sophie grumbled.
Edaline walked out of the closet holding a silky red dress. "I think this one might work."
Sophie looked at it. "I really like that one. Can I try it on?"
Edaline handed Sophie the dress. It was floor-length, with a halter neck and a belted waist. It trailed slightly behind her as she walked out in the dress.
"Sophie! You totally have to wear that!" Biana squealed, clapping her hands.
Edaline nodded. "You look wonderful, Sophie."
"Really?" Sophie smiled.
Edaline and Biana both nodded vigorously.
"Okay, I guess it's this one!"
"Great! Oh, here's some shoes that I think will go well with the dress." Edaline held out a pair of strappy gold sandals.
Sophie slipped them on to her feet. They really did go well with the dress, Edaline had been right.
"Oooooh, can I do your makeup?" Biana asked.
"Only if you do really light makeup."
"Okay. Sit over here." Biana pulled Sophie to her desk at sat her down. She pulled out her makeup bag and began to work.
After Biana was finished, Sophie looked in the mirror at herself.
Biana had done golden eyeshadow, light mascara and eyeliner, and a creamy pink lip gloss. The golden eyeshadow seemed to bring out the gold flecks in her eyes. She'd also braided a section of Sophie's hair up, and put the rest in loose curls.
"Wow, Biana, thank you! I actually love it!"
"Anytime. I think my brother will love all of this too." Biana said.
"Oh, Sophie, come here," Edaline said, hugging Sophie and spinning her around, "my little girl is going on a date!"
"I'm so excited! But I'm really nervous. How do I act around him?" Sophie rubbed her palms together nervously.
"Just act natural and be yourself. That's what Fitz loves about you." Biana said, hugging Sophie.
"Okay, I think I'm ready." Sophie took a deep breath.
Right on cue, Grady called up to Sophie. "A young man is here to see you!"
"Fitz!" Sophie squealed. She proceeded to run down the stairs the best she could, and straight to the front door, where Fitz was waiting.
"Wow, Sophie. You look absolutely beautiful." Fitz breathed, his teal eyes shining.
"Thank you! You look very nice yourself." And he really did. He was wearing a black suit with a red tie to match Sophie's dress.
"Thank you. Now, shall we go?" Fitz held out his arm to Sophie.
Sophie took Fitz's arm, and they started to walk.
"So, where are you taking me?" Sophie wondered.
"Oh, just somewhere." Fitz smiled and took out his leaping crystal.
"Are you ready?"
"Yes!" Sophie said excitedly.
Fitz held his crystal to the light, making a path. They stepped in, and headed off to their date.