Chapter 11

"Sophieeee!"
Sophie sat up straight in bed, Biana standing over her excitedly.
"What...." Then Sophie remembered. She was shopping for her wedding dress today. Biana had offered to take Sophie shopping, and was obviously a little too excited about it.
"Get out of bed already! We're getting your dress, shoes, and bridesmaid dresses too. No time to waste!" Biana said.
"Biana, I just barely woke up. Can I at least get dressed and have some food before we go?" Sophie grumbled, still trying to shake the sleep away.
"Okay, I guess. But right after, not any later." Biana said.
"Deal." Sophie crawled out of bed and grabbed a gold tunic and plain black plants from her closet, and went to the bathroom to put them on. She quickly brushed out her hair and put it in a loose ponytail.
She met Biana, who was still waiting in her room, and they went downstairs to the kitchen for some breakfast.
Edaline was already there, and had set out an assortment of food.
"Are you excited to find your dress?" She asked Sophie.
"Yeah, I guess. I just don't want it to be pink or sparkly or poofy." Sophie said.
"Aw, that takes the fun out of all of this!" Biana complained.
"Biana,you know I don't like that kind of stuff! But the bridesmaids dresses can have sparkles." Sophie said.
"Okay, cool!" Biana smiled. Man, that girl really needed her pink sparkles.
They sat down at the table and continued to discuss wedding plans, while eating breakfast.
Sophie and Fitz had decided to have the wedding at Everglen, since there was space for a lot of people, and a really pretty spot that they'd both loved. The colors for the wedding were currently teal and gold.
Sophie had picked Biana, Marella, and Linh to be her bridesmaids. Keefe, Dex, and Tam were Fitz's groomsmen. They had wanted Jensi to be a part of it too, but he was going to be off on a mission for the council.
"So, what type of dress do you want?" Edaline asked curiously.
"I haven't really thought about it too much, but definitely something that's simple." Sophie replied.
"We'll make sure you find something perfect today." Edaline assured her.
Sophie smiled. "Thank you. Oh, and I just wanted to say thanks to both of you for helping so much with all this wedding planning. I never could have done it by myself and your help means so much to me." Sophie said.
"Aw, Sophie! It's been great to plan this for you, and besides, it's a wedding! What's more exciting than that?" Biana hugged Sophie awkwardly across the table.
Sophie smiled. "I'm so glad we're going to be sisters."
"Yeah me too! It's going to be so much fun!" Biana squealed.
"Okay, is everyone ready to go?" Edaline asked.
"Definitely." Sophie smiled.
* * * * * *
The three women had arrived in Atlantis, where they had decided would be a good place to find Sophie's dress. They walked down the wide streets until they stopped at the store Edaline had suggested.
Inside, there was an explosion of white and fluffy skirts and worst of all, glitter. From what Sophie could tell, Biana was excited about this.
"Okay. Let's all pick out a few dresses that we think Sophie would like or look good in, and we'll meet at the dressing room, where Sophie can try them all on." Edaline said. The girls nodded, and they all wandered through the racks and racks of dresses.
By the time they had gotten to the dressing rooms, Sophie had only picked out a few dresses, while Biana and Edaline had picked out a ton.
"You ready to start trying these on?" Biana asked.
"I think so." Sophie said.
She tried on dress after dress, but they were all to frilly, or fluffy, or sparkly. They were down to the last one when Edaline came back holding one more dress. "Sophie, can you try this one on? I just found it, and I think it would look great."
"Okay." Sophie sighed. She was worn out from trying so many dresses on, and the last thing she wanted to do was try on more.
She went back into the dressing room and slipped the dress on. It was actually a really nice dress. It wasn't too poofy, and wasn't too sparkly. It had spaghetti straps, and had elegant gold embroidery all over the dress. To finish, it had a teal sash that matched Fitz's eyes perfectly.
After admiring the dress for a few seconds, she stepped out of the dressing room.
"I think this dress is the one." Sophie breathed.