{Chapter Two}

"So are you both ready for Hogwarts?" Asked Narcissa as the train came to a halt. Both Draco and Hera nodded their heads.

Hera, dressed in a green plaid skirt and a black polo neck with a green and yellow cardigan placed over, smiled at her aunt and gave her a hug.

"Goodluck you two." She said as the two eleven-year-olds boarded the train.

Hera stayed by Draco's side, not wanting to be left alone. She felt secure next to her cousin so she stayed with him at all times. Even when she would have nightmares. The two would name the stars in the sky until they both fell asleep.

The entered the first empty compartment they could find and sat down, looking out the window. Hera tried looking for Aunt Narcissa but couldn't find her due to the large crowd of people in the area. She sighed and gave up, slumping in her chair.

"So, did you see that new friend of yours? The one you met at Madam Milkin's?"

Draco shook his head, strands of his hair fell out of place from their slicked back structure. "Not yet, might as well see him as soon as we get to the castle."

Just then two boys came in, both large in size. One in height, the other in weight. She recognised them as the sons of Uncle Lucius' friends. She'd only seen them once at Diagon Alley where Lucius bumped into them.

Draco was quick to make friends with them, considering they'd just met. Draco and Hera already knew which house they'd be placed in. It was in their blood.

She was snapped out of her train of thought as she overheard Draco talking about the muggles and how much of a nuisance they were.

Hera rolled her eyes. He sounded just like Uncle Lucius when he'd come home from work only to complain about the muggles. 

"I heard Harry Potter is on the train!" Said the fat boy, sitting at Draco's side, which she had gathered his name to be Vincent.

Hera raised an eyebrow, Harry Potter? The boy who had lived after being attacked by a curse. A deadly one. No one has ever survived it aside from the infamous Harry Potter. She had read on the Daily Prophet about the sightings of the the boy with the scar. Curiosity sparked in the curly haired girl as she began to wonder how he'd look like.

It was not long after, Draco and his two new friends decided to take a trip to see the famed Harry Potter, leaving her alone in the compartment. A girl with frizzy, thick brown hair, knocked on the compartment door. "Excuse me, have you seen a toad anywhere? Neville Longbottom has lost his toad."

Hera shook her head. "Not that I have noticed. I do hope he finds his toad." She smiled awkwardly. The brunette just nodded her head and walked away, leaving Hera by herself once more.

Moments later, Draco and his goons arrived at the compartment, seething with frustration. "Can you believe that he's actually sitting around with the blood traitors? A Weasley?! Preposterous. I'm far more worthy to be around than that weasel."

"Harry Potter?" Hera asked.

"Of course! Just he wait and see what will be coming for him. Misfortune follows those redheadeded mucks and he'll come begging to be my friend."

The girl just stared at her cousin who oozed arrogance, debating whether or not she wanted to waste her breathe scolding him. She decided it was better to sit back in her seat and stare at the scenery passing by.

"Right then! First years. This way, please!" Boomed a loud, strong voice. Almost strong enough for a miniature earthquake.

Hera walked slightly behind Draco as he walked with both of his new goons around the two cousins. She followed her cousin to the large man, which she assumed was Hagrid. Lucius have had told them about the fairly large man that was groundskeeper to Hogwarts.

Hagrid led the group of first years to the lake where several boats were lined by the dock. Hera was helped into the boat by Hagrid and sat with Draco, who held the torch in his hand. Finally as everyone was aboard their boats, the boats started moving towards the castle.

Amazed would have been an understatement to what Hera felt when she saw the Hogwarts castle. Almost immediately when she set eyes on the castle, her breath was caught up in her throat.

The castle was almost everything she'd read in fairytales and books in the Malfoy library. Which she silently deemed her own.

After arriving at the dock, they were led inside the majestic castle. They were stopped by a large stone staircase where an old lady in green dress robes was standing, probably waiting for them.

Hera peered from behind her cousin, as he and his goons surrounded her. Draco knew all about the nasty comments and insults that were thrown at Hera whenever they were in public. He made it his job to look after his cousin.

"Firs' years, Professor McGonagall." Introduced Hagrid, using his big beefy hands to gesture to the elderly woman.

"Thank you, Hagrid." She said, her voice was stern. She turned around, walking further into the castle, as the first years herded after like sheep.

She soon stopped in an empty room, where she started addressing the first years.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," said Professor McGonagall. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room.

Hera could feel both excitement and nervousness build up underneath her skin as she looked on eagerly at the professor for more information.

"The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rulebreaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours.

Somehow, she felt inspired to do very well. Hoping to earn the most house points than the rest of her fellow first years.

Professor McGonagall continued, her eyes scanning the batch of first years in front of her, her eyebrows narrowed as she took in some of their untidy attire.

"The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting."