{Chapter Eighteen}

There was a heavy feeling in Cassiopeia-Hera's chest, days after the encounter with Blaise. She avoided him like the Black plague, so he wouldn't corner her again, and push for answers. That day, she sat with Elena in Great Hall for breakfast in the chilly Saturday morning. The ceiling was enchanted to resemble the grey sky that hovered above Hogwarts that very hour.

Elena fixed her scarf around her neck, and secure the beanie covering her silky ebony tresses, to shield her from the cold outside. Hera, on the other hand, made sure to charm her hair so that it wouldn't frizz up in the cold weather, and return to its curly form. She enchanted her beanie too, so that it would help protect her hair from the moisture from the humid air. Her outfit had to stay perfect, and would not dare to have any of the articles of clothing ruined.

Hogsmeade weekend had finally arrived, and Elena was beaming with excitement. It was the girls' first time ever, going to Hogsmeade, save from the times the train had made its brief stops. Hera had heard plenty praises about the small wizarding village, and all that it contained, especially about the Three Broomsticks and the butterbeers that they served, and there were plenty other stores to explore.

But Hera did not find herself as excited as Elena, she fiddled with the edge of her sleeve as she held her permission slip in her clammy hands, her gaze was cast down onto the table as her best friend kept rambling about all the things she'd have to get as soon as they set foot into Hogsmeade. A feeling of uneasiness settled into Hera's stomach as she thought of what her uncle might want to discuss with her. They were to meet at the Three Broomsticks.

"Elena, I don't think I can go to Zonko's with you. Uncle Lucius wants to meet at the Three Broomsticks." Brown eyes darted from side to side, looking for the blonde hair of her cousin.

The Asian girl stopped her rant, and looked to her friend. "Well I could come if you want-"

"No, no. I'm sure it's just a family matter of sorts.  I could meet you at Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop afterwards, if you'd like me to?" Hera asked hesitantly, just to ease Elena off.

"Alright, but-" The girl was cut off by an intruding cough. Both girls turned in their seats, only to Draco and his two goons standing behind them, Blaise was nowhere to be found. Pang of disappointment vibrated in Hera's chest, but she was visibly relieved that he wasn't around. She could not face him without feeling awkward.

Draco nodded towards the doors of the Great Hall, "Let's get going, Cass. Father will be waiting for us."

Hera walked alongside Draco, on their way to The Three Broomsticks. The snow crunched under their boots, and all around them their fellow school mates were enjoying themselves, bursting out in spurts of laughter. A sweet aroma enveloped the two cousins as they walked past Honeydukes, making Hera's mouth yearn for the sweet treats.

Draco went on about the Slytherin tryouts. "There were plenty trying out since most of the team had finished last year. Could you believe it? Blaise made it for chaser, never would have guessed it."

Of course, Hera would have known. His love for quidditch was so evident, it's no surprise that he would make it onto the Slytherin team, as Chaser no doubt. Hera smiled at the bittersweet memory of Blaise, looking goofy with the green and white paint, painted onto his cheeks, while he would be screaming out cheers for the Slytherin team on the stands.