{Chapter Eight}

It was the first Monday after the quidditch match between Gryffindor and Slytherin and Hera had found herself walking through the corridors. Hera had witnessed the incident which consisted of Harry hanging off a broomstick before he caught the golden snitch. To be honest, Hera was disappointed in the quidditch match and thought of meeting Hermione in the library earlier than the the scheduled time.

Hera passed many of the other first years that was in her house but none paid any attention to the curly haired girl. Everyone seemed to avoid her as if she was the black plague. Pursing her lips, she entered the library, instantly spotting the brown bushy hair that belonged to Hermione Granger.

Hera walked towards her, her shoes softly patting the wooden floor of the library and took a seat across from Hermione. "Hello there." She whispered.

Hermione looked up and smiling at the curly black-haired girl.  Hera smiled back, taking out her History of Magic homework. The two were quiet for a while, with the exception of an occasional question. Hera looked over, seeing Hermione's nose in a large dusty book.

"What're you looking for?" She inquisitively asked.

Hermione's head looked towards Hera. "This is just light reading."

"Light reading? How can one possibly read such a large dusty old book?" Hera asked, her jaw dropping to the floor.

"My parents told me, reading enhances the brain's ability to work." Hermione explained.

Hera's face fell, but a small smile placed itself upon her lips. "Your parents must be very smart wizards."

Whenever Hera was dining with the Malfoy family, she would almost feel jealous of Draco. He had both of his parents and they looked after him, seeing that his every need was met. Aunt Narcissa loved her unconditionally too, but Hera wanted to have her own parents back and not share with her blonde haired cousin. Hera loved the Malfoy family, but to her...it wasn't enough.

"Wizards? My parents are not wizards! They're muggles." Laughed Hermione. Madam Pince shushed her, sending a sharp glare to the two girls.

"So your parents are muggle-born wizards?" Hera asked, her question coming off as blunt.

"No, they're just regular muggles."

Hera laughed a cynical laugh, one that closely resembled her mother's. A chill went down Hermione's spine as she watched the curly-haired girl laugh. "Muggles? So that means you're a muggle too?"

"Yes, do you have a problem with that?" Hermione snapped, slightly feeling offended by the tone of Hera's voice.

Hera's lip curled upwards, giving her a sinister look. She sneered and  abruptly stood up, her chair screeching on thr floor. This got everyone's attention in the library. Even Madam Pince seemed to be frightened of Hera's scary glare, so she kept out of it.

"How dare you?" Said Hera, her eyes staring daggers at the young muggle girl. "How dare you speak to me like that?!" Screeched the girl. The streak in Hera's hair glowed brightly as it turned half of her curly black hair white.

She grabbed her books, giving one look at Hermione before she looked at a bunch of scrap parchment that was scrunched up. Hera took out her wand and directed it to the paper.

"Windgardium Leviosa." She said the spell she had been practicing, lifting it into the air. "Opugno." She uttered and the parchment balls were launched at Hermione.

Without a second glance, Hera lifted her nose into the air and walked away. Starting a reign of terror in her path.

In mere hours, the whole school had heard about Hera and her outburst. Many of the Slytherin treated her with more respect and the three other houses did everything they could to stay out of her way. Draco had praised her for standing up for herself and went to send an owl to Aunt Narcissa and Uncle Lucius to inform them about the day's event.

In the Slytherin common room, Hera was going through her History of Magic homework when a perfect approached her. "Hera, Professor Snape wishes to see you in his office. Immediately, if you please."

Hera looked at the prefect with a wary look before gathering her things and walking off to Professor Snape's office. She felt nervousness bubble up from the bottom of her stomach as she walked. 

"Yes, Professor?" Called out Hera, as she entered the office. Professor Snape was sitting in his desk and the same straight face etched on his head. He seemed unimpressed as he gestured for Hera to sit down.

"Miss Lestrange...I have heard from Madam Pince and numerous other professors about the incident in the library that took place today. I am very well not impressed with this news." His monotonous voice echoed through the dungeon of an office.

"Uh, professor... I can explain-" Hera starts, her voice wavering nervously.

Professor Snape's eyes snapped to Hera's brown nervous eyes. "Explain? Miss Lestrange, you have been brought up in a well respected home and this is how your attitude is at school. I had expected better from you."

Hera looks down in shame. It was rare that she'd be reprimanded and Professor Snape's monotonous voice made it a hundred times worse as he scolded her for her wrong doing. "Professor McGonagall wants a punishment put in place for you. You will be met with Madame Pince and work in the library after your classes until the Christmas holidays begin."

A small silence hovered between the student and professor. "Do not make this mistake again Miss Lestrange, blood status no longer rules the school. You must have respect for all the muggle-born wizards and witches."

"Respect the muggle-borns? The muggle-borns are nothing but filth Professor Snape. Have respect for them you say? Ha! When they respect me, I'll find time to respect them. But as Hermione disrespected my family, no respect will come from me." Hera stood up from her chair, the white streak in her hair glowed in fury. Her face was twisted in a disgusted sneer, one that resembled her mother's.

"Is that all Professor?" She grit her teeth.

Severus Snape nodded, his mouth was shut closed. Hera did seem different from Draco before, but now seeing her loyalty to the purebloods. Doubt started growing in his mind, seeing that the bias about blood purity has already corrupted young innocent minds at a young age.