f o u r

A/N: kinda important A/N at the end of the chapter. read it if you like.

"Hi, Jeon."

A few guys snickered because of her way of greeting Jungkook. This girl sure was something else.

"Hi. What's it?" Jungkook answer might have been slightly cold, but he didn't want to show his older friends that he was somewhat affected by the way Nari had addressed him. Nari's smile however, didn't falter.

"I came here to thank you for the blanket; it sure helped me. It kept me warm."

Jungkook's eyes widened a bit. Her voice was soft, like a spring breeze. It sounded like cherry blossom, dancing in the wind. At the same time, her voice brought a nostalgic feeling with it and Jungkook let himself drown in the depths of her voice. He forced himself to snap out of it. "A-ah... I see. I'm glad it did. You can keep it, by the way."

Nari bowed to show him her gratitude. She was grateful for the blanket. "Thank you. I'll be going now", and off she went. Jungkook didn't get the chance to stop her, not that he had planned to. Taehyung gave him a look. "Aren't you going to ask her to eat lunch with us?" Jungkook shook his head. "No." No further explanation followed, and Taehyung let it be.

Nari had positioned herself on a bench outside, located under a big willow tree. She had always favoured this place to spend her lunchtime; the branches sheltered her from the outside world and for a moment, it felt like she was situated in a magical world, covered with greenery. When Nari focused on the rustling sound of the leaves being swayed by the breath of the wind, the noises from the students would be drowned out, and Nari would feel like she was the only person on the earth. She felt peaceful, and content. After she had eaten her apple, she took out a poetry book her grandma got her, and started reciting the words that were carefully written in dark purple ink. The words became sentences, and the sentences became a poem that Nari already knew by heart. And yet, every time she read it, she would marvel at the choice of words and the underlying, invisible messages sneaked into the masterpiece, intertwined and laces through the visible phrases, creating a complete package, which stirred up thoughts and feelings.

Sadly, the harmony didn't last very long. It was interrupted by a small group of girls, wearing sly expressions. Nari looked up, putting away her small book. With an indifferent facial expression, she looked at the company she had gained.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't our sweet little Nari. What are you reading, hon?", one of the girls spoke, seemingly the leader of the party. Nari blinked. "I don't recall us having ever spoken to each other before, so please do not call me any titles of endearment. State your business, please refrain from prevaricating."

The girls looked at each other, a bit dumbfounded. They hadn't expected Nari to answer so calmly with such an air of authority. Of course they hadn't, they didn't know her. They didn't know anything about Nari, because they never bothered to speak to her until now. And that all because of one person, the person they all supposedly had a crush on.

"We just wanted to tell you to stay away from Jungkook. Give him back his blanket and don't talk to him anymore. If you don't do what we say, we'll get you, you hear me?"

Nari stared at the girl who had spoken with a blank face. Then she shrugged. "You can't tell me what to do, I'm free to talk to anybody I want to speak to. Freedom is a human right. Jeon told me to keep the blanket, so I will not return it to him."

An incredulous facial expression appeared on the girl's faces. "Did you- did you just call him 'Jeon'? You must be crazy", the leader spoke. "Let's go, she's not in her right mind."

When Nari was left alone again, she chuckled to herself. "Well, it surely has been an eventful day so far."

A/N: hello friends! long time no see. i must admit, three months is a long time, even for me. okay so why this A/N is kinda important: i've made some sort of planning for my updates!! it's not that i will update regularly, i won't even promise that because i know it's a promise i can't keep, but it's more about how i'm going to update my stories, in what order.

so, this is what i thought of: firstly, i'll update "blankets" (this indicates this update, not an upcoming one). when i've posted this new chapter, i will finish "heartbroken" in a short amount of time probably. when i've finished "heartbroken", i'll finish "blankets". "blankets" won't have many chapters, minimum being 10, maximum being 15. it's either 10 or 15, not anything in between because i want all my books to end with either an amount of chapters ending with a 0 or a 5. that's just this thing i have. AND THEN: after i finished "blankets", i'll publish a new book!! it'll be called "philosophy", and it's a namjoon fic. 

so yeah, there are some things to look forward to!!