06.

As they sit through their lengthy, four-hour plane ride, Sydney-Marie's smile is wider than her older brother thought possible

As they sit through their lengthy, four-hour plane ride, Sydney-Marie's smile is wider than her older brother thought possible. She feels butterflies in the pit of her stomach, and not just because the 100 ton, steel contraption she's in is soaring through the sky.

She's more than excited to see her best friend for the first time in months. Nearly six, actually. They text and call each other nearly every single day, FaceTiming or Skyping, too, but she hasn't actually seen him since November when they finished filming season five of The Walking Dead.

Filming this season was interesting, to say the least. The two play each other's love interest on the show- Casey and Carl. Casey was introduced in the second to last episode of season one, and Sydney's been on the show ever since. The two formed a friendship early on, being two of the only kids on set and having multiple scenes together. Their characters started a relationship last year, and it continued in the fifth season. Having to pretend to be dating her best friend could have proven itself quite awkward, even if it was just for a role.

It didn't though, the two remaining extremely close through it. And, though the other never knew, they both found the challenge weirdly okay. They both smiled while reading the scripts for their scenes together and neither of them had a problem filming kissing scenes.

Along with the season, though, came rumors. With rumors came questions, especially in interviews.  Be it an interview for a magazine, or promoting her album, Sydney found herself constantly having to dissuade rumors of a relationship between the two.

"Can you stop looking so happy? It upsets me." Axl says, turning to look at Sydney. He's four years older than her, making him nineteen, and is what she'd call 'a pest'. Being a Youtuber with over two million subscribers, he makes videos speaking out for the LGBTQ+ community and talking about his fandoms. Also, he may or may not occasionally beg his sister to film a Q & A with him, which always gives him more views. Only occasionally, though.

"If I wasn't so happy right now, I'd hit you." She says, her voice and smile sweet despite her words.

Axl jokingly rolls his eyes before following her sister's gaze to her iPhone as she starts typing. He grabs her phone out of her hands, ignoring her protests, and smirks when he sees who's texting. "Aww," He cooes. "He liked your selfie."

Sydney rolls her eyes this time, grabbing her phone back. Her smile retreats back onto her face as she sends a blushing emoji and a heart back. "Shut up." She tells her brother, not even having to look up to know what he's thinking.

"I didn't say anything." He muses, the smile on his face being evident in his voice.

"I can hear you thinking." She mutters back, still not meeting his eye.

"Sure, Sherlock." He references. "You know what, if anything you're John." He states, making her finally look up from her phone, where her best friend is asking for lyrics to one of her new songs. Her debut album is being written and recorded, but that had to be interrupted for her to leave LA and film in Atlanta.

"And you're what? Sherlock?" She asks, her brother smiling as he nods. She scoffs. "You're not smart enough for that. If anything, you're Molly. A little fangirl." Her brother chuckles, offended. "And what's wrong with being John Watson? He's considerate, sensible, witty, and funny." She raises an eyebrow.

"And obviously in love with his best friend," Axl smirks, Sydney rolling her eyes once again.

"Thea and I are happily married, thank you very much." She retorts, running a hand through her hair so it shields her face from his accusing gaze, concealing her blush.

"That's not what I meant."

"I know." She says softly, the smile now off her face as she types the lyrics to the chorus of her song 'Fools' on her phone, sending it to the person in question.

_

MESSAGE TO: dummy 💓

syd 💛:
I'VE LANDED I'VE LANDED I'VE LANDED I'VE LANDED

_

Sydney kept tapping her left foot as they waited to get their bags after they landed, which drove her brother crazy. The fact that she's currently dragging him through the airport, wanting to find her best friend doesn't help either. With the sound of their bags' wheels rolling, her sneakers hitting the the marble floor, and people's chatter as background noise, her eyes scan the vicinity for her friend.

"Syd." Her brother calls out for her, her turning around with a frown on her face. He nods, looking past her. She follows his gaze, and her eyes widen as she spots her best friend typing away at his phone. She hears herself gasp slightly before she dashes off, running through the airport.

She drops her suitcase midway, the bag sliding through the floor as she throws herself at her friend. Her body hits his but he catches her swiftly, him wrapping his arms tightly around her small frame, the two of them stumbling back as they hold each other.

She buries her face in his chest as he does the same in the crook of her neck and they stay there for a few moments. "Hey, Chandler." She says, her voice barely above a whisper, muffled against him.

"Hi, Syd."

_