42.

The ten minutes seemed to last hours

The ten minutes seemed to last hours. Sydney went from fidgeting on her couch as she awaited a knock on the door, to messing with her hair and throwing it up in a bun- eventually deciding to let it down again from wanting to run her fingers through it due to stress- to just pacing.

With each tap of her heels on the marble floor of her hallway, the girl seemed to grow more impatient. Like an itch she just couldn't scratch, all she wanted was for Chandler to get to her house faster. She'd completely organized and orchestrated what she was gonna say to him, how she wanted to phrase every single sentence and enunciate every single syllable of each word.

It seemed as if, since they had gotten back from Comic Con, every time she saw him and didn't truly speak her mind, pressure built up inside her- a sense of uncomfortableness that would not be fixed until the girl said everything she wanted to say. And Sydney was ready to burst.

When she did finally hear Chandler knocking on the door, the girl was quick to scramble up, before stopping herself for a couple seconds and calmly walking toward the door. She didn't exactly want to seem too eager to see him, even if she had been seriously considering making Axl drive her to his house because he was taking that long.

A bright smile graced Sydney's features as she opened the door, leaning against it as her co-star came into view. "Hey," The blonde greeted softly, moving toward him as his hands found her waist, Syd's grin widening as she pressed her lips to his.

She went to pull away but the boy pulled her closer to him, deepening the kiss as he tangled his hand on the ends of her hair, the other one on the small of her back as her arms wrapped around his neck.

Only when his hands fell to the back pockets of her jeans, did the blonde pull away. "My brother's home and I'd actually like you to stay breathing, so either you come i-" He cut her off, making her smile falter slightly as she noticed the sadness in his tone.

"No, it's fine. I, uh, I don't need to come in. I- I shouldn't have even done that, I'm..." He trailed off, taking a step back, his hands dropping to his sides. He lowered his gaze as Syd let go of him.

"Chandler, what's going on?" Sydney questioned, her voice grave as she observed him. He tensed up suddenly, put space in between them, and refused to meet her eye. "Look at me, what's wrong?" The blonde sighed, tentatively stepping toward the boy in front of her only to have him shake his head.

He finally lifted his gaze from the ground and Sydney took hold of his expression. This felt nothing like the boy that had been holding her not even two minutes prior. "I, uh, I think we need to talk." He muttered softly, the air around them tense.

Sydney quirked an eyebrow, crossing her arms as she leaned back against the door frame. "That's what you came here to do. Actually, that's exactly what I wanted to do." A smiled pulled at her lips at the prospect of asking him to be her boyfriend. Her actual boyfriend. She had to keep herself from blurting it out immediately, instead continuing their conversation. "Now, why don't you come inside like a regular human being-" He stopped her again.