Cake Props and Bipper

Getting you up to date: Dipper has just informed Mabel of Bill, and she's after the journal!

----------------------------------------------

Mabel runs up to the cake, reaching for Journal 3. She reaches, and stretches as far as she can. It's no use. She fell into the prop, causing the knot to untie, the cake to fall the fifty feet to the stage.

Something stopped her from falling. It's the knot! She thought.

She's wrong.

When she looked up, she saw Dipper...well...Bill in Dipper's body.

Mabel flipped through the pages of the book furiously, trying to find a way to get Bill out of her twin's body.

Mabel found nothing, and felt the prop being pulled up. She looked.

Dipper! He's come to save her.

But something's off. His eyes, yellow. His pupils are replaced with black slits, like on a cat.

"Bill Dipper," she finally realized. "Bipper."

"Give me the journal, Shooting Star." A simple demand left her brother's mouth.

"Never!" She shouted, "it's Dipper's and---"

Bipper placed his finger to her lips.
"You wouldn't want to ruin the show," he says, as he motioned to Gabe.

Mabel's face appeared sullen for once. She hadn't known what to do. Give Bill the book and not ruin Glove Story: A Sock Opera, or to let herself be dropped fifty feet, to possible death?

"C'mon Shooting Star. Just hand it to me and your puppet show won't be ruined."

Mabel had been so shallow at that moment, she handed the journal halfway over to him. Bipper took it, pulling her out of the cake prop.

"I mean, who would sacrifice everything they worked for just for their dumb sibling?" Bipper said in the handoff of the journal. It was the worst possible thing to say in that moment.

Realization had hit Mabel like a two-hundred ton truck. "Dipper would," she almost whispered.

"Speak up, Shooting Star."

"I said, Dipper would."

Mabel tackled him on the catwalk, and caused them both to tumble towards the ladder that goes up to the catwalk.

She grabbed Bipper and brought him backstage, him struggling the whole time.

"Tell you what, Bill. I'll make a deal with you."

Bippers' interest was peaked.

"What kind of, deal?"

"This kind," and with that, Bipper was punched in the face.

Bipper fought Mabel yet quickly pinned her to the ground.

"Ha! Silly child. I'm a being of energy with no weaknesses!"

"That may be true," Mabel got her hand free, "but you're in my brothers' body and I know all his weaknesses!"

"Like wh--" Bill was cut off by his laughter.

Mabel tickled him, relentlessly.

"Ahahahahaha! What are these---body spasms! Stop them!"  Bipper stood up.

Mabel ran, and Bipper gave chase.

She ran towards a post, and dodged it barely. Bipper ran into it, and it had knocked Bill straight out of Dippers' body.

Bill and Dipper, both dove into the vessel at the same time. Bills' presence was unknown. Dippers' was.

"Dipper!"

"Mabel!"

In the theater, the pyrotechnics went off, people screamed and ran for their lives.

Dipper found himself chuckling very softly at the chaos, and Mabel hadn't heard him.

"Let's go back to the shack," Mabel suggested.

And with that, they were off.