Why so Different Dip?

Mabel woke up, stretched, and looked over at Dippers' side of the room. He wasn't there.

Weird. Usually I have to wake him up.

She traveled down the flight of stairs and into the kitchen to find...Dipper....cooking.....pancakes?

"Hey Mabel!" He said, not even turning around.

"Hey Dipper."

Waddles ran around Mabels' feet, and then back to the attic.

"What smells so good Mab---?" Stan entered the room, to find not Mabel, but his great nephew cooking breakfast.

"Good Morning Grunkle Stan!" Dipper went back to flipping the pancakes.

Stan and Mabel sat down, both a bit unnerved by Dippers' behavior.

"So, um, Dipper, how'd you sleep?" Mabel asked.

Dipper walked over with four plates o pancakes. "Just fine!" He turned towards the stairs. "Waddles! I made you pancakes!"

Dipper seemed to be....too Mabel-y for Mabel's liking. Waffles came trotting down the stairs and Dipper put down the fourth plate for Waddles.

We all chowed down, in silence.

Mabel glanced at Dipper, and it seemed he was struggling internally, or fighting himself. She shrugged it off and kept eating the decedent pancakes. She hadn't known how right she was.

(: Timeskip! :)

Mabel and Dipper were sitting on their beds in the attic. Dipper was reading, but not out of the journal for some strange reason.

Mabel, on the other side of the room, was bedazzling a new sweater. It was white and had a blue pinetree in the center. She was bedazzling the symbol.

"Hey, Mabel?" Dipper looked up from his reading.

"Yeah Dip?" Mabel hid the surprise sweater for Dipper.

"You wanna help me hunt for a--"

"Mystery Hunt!"

"No, I want to learn how to play piano."

"Oh. Okay! A trip to town!"

Mabel was somewhat weirded out but overall happy for her brothers' strange behavior--wanting to learn music and all. Happy though, that he'll finally get his nose out of those books!

"Stan!" Dipper shouted, "we're headed into town to look for piano lessons!"

"Okay!"

And with that, the 'Twins' were off.

In town, they did find a free tutor for Dipper. In fact, he had his first lesson and killed it.

Not the tutor. The lesson.

"Okay, the middle key is a C. We're gonna learn the scale."

Dipper hit the C, then the E, then the G, thus creating a C chord. He played a bass line with his left hand and many chords with his right.

"Are you sure you haven't done this before, kid?" The tutor had asked, yet again.

"Yeah. I've never touched a piano in my life."

Part of you has.

"Wow, you're a natural then! Take one of these pianos home, expert!"

Dipper selected a compact, mahogany piano that had triangular designs engraved on it.

Mabel was suspicious. Not knowing how right she'd been.

(: Timeskip, Dipper's POV :)

My soul. It felt like it was ripped in two. Making pancakes that morning was a breeze, I never even touched a recipe.

Ahh, but part of you has. A voice spoke with almost every new move I had made.

As I picked up the journal to read, Let me see the journal.

As I put it down to pick up a conspiracy book, NO! Dammit READ THE JOURNAL KID!

I had realized some strange soul was sharing a body with me. Was that even possible? To share a vessel? What do you think? We're "sharing" as you so put it, right now!

So don't be like that!

I'll be however I wanna be!

Anyway, as I played the piano, the fingerings, the song, came naturally to me. To the someone else in me. Yes, you got the gist of it kid!

I couldn't tell, he said-- I said I would take over. Murder. Ahahahaha!

SHUT IT!

That night, I couldn't sleep. My mind was split in two, as was my soul, and the soul wouldn't shut up.

Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree Pinetree!!!!

God. It's Bill, Dipper realized.  What do you want?

I wanna take over! Have some fun!

Shut up! I need sleep!

Silly, stupid, mortals. He shut up. For once.

I got 8 hours of sleep, nightmare, and Bill, free.