Come Back To Me

*Author's note*

Okay babies things might get a little confusing in the second part of this chapter so I'm gonna break it down for you now. Zah is in a coma so she can't respond. Her mind is active, but her body isn't. The only problem is she can't communicate with Chris. So where you see a sentence or words in italics it's Zah responding not realizing that he can't hear her. It's not until the second part that she starts to hear Chris talking to her even though he's been at the hospital with her everyday.

Chris P.O.V.

Four weeks, that's how long she's been here. There's tubes up her nose, and IV needles in her arm. I've been coming up here every day since the incident. The first time I came up here I broke down, they had just gotten her to the operating table her blood was everywhere. They told us the bullet in her side was removed completely, but there was a bit of minor damage to her spleen. The one in her chest just barely missed her heart. The couldn't remove the whole thing without messing something up so there's still a fragment there. That's just from the bullets, I can't even begin to go into detail of how much damage Mervin did when he had her. The doctors did all the could everything is up to her.

"Hey beautiful." I say looking at her gown covered body. I grasp her hand in mines.

"Babe we did it. We ended the war. Everybody's so happy, we're just waiting on you to wake up. I don't know when that will be, but I'll definitely be here when you do."

A knock on the door to Zahra's room broke me from my words.

"Chris." One of the nurses that's gotten to know me very well spoke.

"Time for to go home son visiting hours are over." She smiled at me sadly knowing I didn't want to leave.

"Yes ma'am." I sighed out loudly. I gathered my stuff together. Going to Zah's side I kissed her cheek being careful not to disturb her tubes or anything like that.

"I'll see you tomorrow I love you." Walking away I looked back before turning one of the lights off. I said goodbye to all of the nurses on duty like I always do, and like always they gave me their smiles and hopeful words. Of course I didn't wanna hear that. I wanted to hear that my girl was up, and ready for me to take her home.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Time Skip

It's now been a whole two months since Zah got shot. In getting worried.

"This is bullshit!" I yell in frustration.

"Bruh calm down." Julian speaks trying to bring my nerves down.

"I won't calm down. It's been two fucking months, and she hasn't woken up yet. How can you sit there like everything is okay? That's your sister held up in that hospital. You should be more worried than me!" He grabbed my shirt yanking me to him.

"Yo, I understand you're worried, but what you're not gonna do is talk to me like I don't give a damn about my sister. Yeah I'm worried, and you're right I should be more worried than you. But I'm not, because my little sister is a fighter. I know because I'm the reason she's a fighter. Clearly you and your friends are the only people that give a damn about her, because all the niggas I used to run with except Day Day haven't been to see her since she's been in that hospital. And those niggas are supposed to be my family."

He was right, with the exception of Dashawn and the old heads none of his boys had been here. Especially not Langston's punk ass. My crew was here almost as much as I was. Honey was upset about the situation and so was Robyn. The one who was really tore up was Draya, Zah was the only one who gave her chance. Even though they had the biggest rough patch when Zahra came to our school she listened to Draya. She actually cared about her feelings in the end.

"I hear you bro. I just want her back with me."

"We all do bruh. You just gotta have faith in the Lord and have patience." I sighed loudly. He was right. I felt a hand in my shoulder.

"Son she's gonna be alright. I promise."

"I know Pops, but she should have been awake by now."

"Boy this is Zahra we're talking about. You know how stubborn she is." Pops cracked a smile causing me to chuckle.

"This is your daughter we're talking about so you have a point." Yeah Pops is actually Flash. So what? That's my dad too, he and Mama Phillips accepted me as their son, and vice versa with my parents for Zah and Jules. They're my family.

"But seriously, give her time. She'll be back with us. Now both of ya get out my house. I think I'm gone go up there and pop ya mama's back for her." He smirked making me and Julian shrink back in disgust.

"Come on now Pops that nasty!" I scrambled off the couch to the front door with Julian right on my tail.

"Man my folks too damn old to be that freaky." He cringed sitting in the front seat. I shuddered along with him.

"Ewwwww don't even talk about it!" I closed my eyes trying to kill the visual. I dropped Julian off at his girl's house, and made my way back to the hospital.

I moved the material covered chair to the side of the bed that held the love of my life within it. I took her hand in mines bringing it to my lips. I kiss each of her fingers before I put her hand down just holding it. I ran my thumb over the back of her small hand.

"I'm back just like I promised I would." I smiled wishing she could see it.

Back? Back from where?

"Babe, I miss you so much. We all do."

I miss you too even though I don't know why.

"You gotta wake up."

Huh? Wake up? What do you mean?

"Baby, I've been without you for two months. It's killing me not having you with me. Please don't let the coma keep you from me." I begged.

Coma?! Two months?! No no no! I'm supposed to be with you in your arms.

It never failed. I would come in her room all calm, have a nice small conversation with her, then I'd be a crying mess.

Baby, Chris, I'm here. Don't cry please.

"I need you with me."

I need you too.

"God, I wish you could hear me. I wish you could know how much we all miss you being with us."

I wiped my tears away and continued holding her hand between mines.

I hear you. I hear you Christopher, don't you hear me?

"Do something, say something, anything! Just let me know you're still with me!"

I'm still with you. I'd never leave you like this.

"Move your fingers, just move one of those beautiful fingers for me."

I pleaded desperately as I watched her hand hoping it'd move, nothing.

I'm trying, I can't. Chris I can't do it! Why can't I do it?! I need to let you know I'm okay.

"Come on baby, just one finger. I'll take a twitch. Just don't take yourself away from me. Not now, not like this. Definitely not like this. I don't wanna lose you this way."

You could never lose me. I'm bound to you.

"I gotta head home. I'll be back tomorrow. I promise." I say, repeating the same thing I say every time I get ready to go.

I slowly take her hand away from mines, and out the chair back in it's rightful place. I step back over to her bed and bend at her bedside. I place a small gentle kiss to her temple, then one to her lips.

"I love you." I speak lowly before I rise from her side once again, and leave the room.

I love you too. Tomorrow, you promised. Don't forget.