All We Got

Babiesssssss I welcome you to a wonderful, but bittersweet moment of SBE. I bring you the end. Thank you all for riding with Zahra and Chris through their journey. If they could talk to you I'm sure that would thank you too. I hope you all enjoyed this adventure. Oh yeah try to catch the reference at the end of the chapter.

I finally stopped falling into the darkness. Darkness that was now replaced with light. I looked down to my clothes, my crummy dirt filled clothes were now replaced by an all white gown. What the, where am I?

"You're in heaven babydoll." I turned to see Selena and Uncle Clint wearing white gowns similar to mines.

"Heaven, why would I be here? I'm not dead." I scoff jokingly, but the looks on their faces tells me this is no joke.

"I'm dead aren't I?" They not holding their heads down.

"I'm dead." I thought about it, Chris was yelling for help. That's when I fell into the darkness after everything started falling apart. That's how I ended up here.

"What happened to me?" Neither of them would answer me.

"What happened?" I growled at them.

"You flat lined." Uncle Clint answered.

"I was just in Limbo. You said I was undecided, you said I'd be stuck in Limbo til I made a choice about whether I wanted to live or die. I never made a choice."

"You did make your choice, doll." Selena spoke tilting her head.

"What, no I didn't?" The moment I said that I heard my own voice, I looked up seeing myself just a few moments ago before I got here. I was sitting on the floor deep in thought, I could actually hear my thoughts.

He's crying again, and I can't do anything about it, I hate this. All I wanna do is hold him, and tell him I'm okay. That's my baby crying out for me, and I can't comfort him. I hugged myself feeling tears fall from my own eyes. We just want to be with each other, why is that so hard for us? We did all that fighting for nothing! We still don't get to be together. What's the point in trying now, we'll never get what we want.

Just like that the visual was gone.

"See you did make your decision. The exact moment you gave up on what you two have is when you made your decision."

"What, that doesn't count. I never said it out loud. I never actually said I chose death!" I cried, I cried for me, Chris, my family, I cried for everything. Alli I wanted was to be with the man that I love. That's all I've ever wanted since Chris came into my life.

Chris, I looked up again to see Chris holding the hand of my lifeless body.

"Us against the world remember? That's we said, that's what we promised each other."

I turned my head, and covered my ears. I can't do this, I can see him breaking like that. This isn't supposed to end this way. I don't wanna die, I want to live. I choose life, I choose life, and Chris damn it! I choose Chris, I will always choose Chris!

"Are you sure that's what you want?" I heard right next to me.

"Yes, Auntie Lena, that's what I want. That's all I want, that's what we fought for."

"Good, he's been calling for you this whole time."

She turned my head back to the sky to see Chris one more time. He wasn't crying, but he was still holding on to my hand.

"Zahra, Zah, come on you can't leave me like this. I need you out here with me, we've got a whole future together. I can't have that without you."

"Go to him." I nodded turning into the light, but I realized two people weren't behind me.

"You guys aren't coming."

"No, Zahry, we've crossed over. Our souls are at peace now." I looked at them in disbelief.

"I can't go back without you guys, you've been with me during this whole thing. I just got you guys, I can't lose you now." I cried out. I felt their arms around me, wrapping me in their arms. Uncle Clint started to speak, this is the most I've heard him speak since I was found.

"We're still gonna be watching over you, but our time in the land of the living is done. That's because of you and Chris. You guys are the reason our spirits can now rest. Because of you, history will never have to repeat repeat itself. I'm sorry that you two went through so much trying to bring us justice, and I'm sorry that we couldn't help the way we wanted to."

He pulled Selena to him, smoothing her big hair down. He kissed her passionately, Selena wrapped her arms around his waist. She snuggled into his side.

"We never said it, but thank you for what you did. Now we'll never be separated again, thanks to you the separation between our families no longer exist. We're all equal now."

They stepped away from me, their white gown becoming brighter. Uncle Clint's gown was now an all white suit. Selena kept her gown, except it was now flowing more with its pleated details around the bottom. I watched as a golden orb appeared over their heads, it swirled around their head taking on various shapes until it finally took on a circular shape. The round ring barely adorned their heads, their halos. The last I saw of their transformation came from their backs. A white light erupted from behind them. Large white coat like wings rested against my uncle's back, and Selena grew transparent white wings, like lace, almost resembling butterfly wings.

"You're angels " I breathed out in amazement.

"Yup, we're your angels, yours and Chris' to be specific. Now go on and calm my nephew down. I think he's suffered enough."

They both kissed my cheek and told me they loved me before pushing me into the light. I traveled through the brightness quickly.

"Baby, come on come back to me." A large warm hand was on mines. I squeezed it back.

"I'm not going anywhere." I rasped out. He gasped pulling me into his warm body.

"You're okay!" He kissed my forehead crushing me to his chest. I heard him tell the nurses I was awake. They came in to check my vitals, everything was fine. Chris held my face in his hands. He kissed my lips repeatedly. He cried as he held me, thanking God for me being okay, I wiped his warm tears away from his handsome face.

"I thought I had lost you forever." He sniffled. I wrap my arms around him, hugging him as tight as he hugged me.

"You could never lose me. Us against the world right?" I looked up to him.

"Damn right." Finally, we're together, we went through everything to get to this moment of us being in each other's arms. This moment will last forever, the war is over, and we finally have each other. The separation is over, and it'll never happen again. My family and friends rushed in through the door. I was immediately swamped with hugs, and love from them. This is where I belong, and I'm never leaving. These people are all I have, and I'm all they have. We've got each other, we are all gathered here to get through this crazy thing called life.