The Thirteenth ✉️

Published: 6/22/2016; Wednesday; 1:34am; Unedited

Sorry for the late update guys, work has been tiring me out so much and plus with the con coming up, I'm running low on time and I'm panicking. Was able to squeeze this in though. Enjoy! (I'm also going to sleep now, I open for work tomorrow at 7am 🙃🌚)

✉️

"None of them?" Chloe growled, pacing her room as Sabrina stood meekly before her, scared by the fuming blonde. "I'm so close to convincing daddy about that too! Ugh! He was all over me and now he's hung up on this Ladybug girl!"

"What are going to do about that?" Sabrina whispered, being Chloe's best friend meant knowing all her plans and schemes, obviously, so she could help make them possible.

"Oh, that," Chloe smirked, "My daddy won't be able to say no to the idea of this business deal. Once he says yes, this Ladybug won't be able to steal my Adrikins!" Sabrina giggled as Chloe started laughing madly, almost evilly. Suddenly, she stopped, eyes narrowing as she remembered the one person she left out from the list, "Sabrina," said red-head perked up, listening carefully, "there's one more person I want you to check on."

✉️🐞✉️

Hello, Adrien...

You last letter shocked me quite a bit, just wasn't expecting something like that from you. From the love of my life who doesn't even know who I am or what I look like or my personality or my habits...okay, I'm rambling on paper, that's another habit. I usually like writing my thoughts down on paper to clear my head.

You're a cat now, huh? You know, there's a saying that curiosity killed the cat. Maybe you shouldn't find out who I am, don't want anything bad happening to you.

Well, since you're so set on finding out who I am, I'll list off many hints, and until you figure out who I am, this will be my last letter.

I'm in most of your classes.

I sit in the back of one of them next to a red-head because the teacher set the assigned seats.

You gave me your umbrella a few years back, at the beginning of middle school, it's been a while.

I have dark hair.

I sit close to you in every other class except the one, as mentioned before.

My best friend runs the school blog (she won't give you answers, but she'll probably I've you hints).

My parents own a bakery.

We actually did talk during the first and some of second year of middle school, but after a break, and you got a busier schedule, we sort of got distant and I guess you forgot about me.

...

I hope you figure it out.

Sincerely,
Ladybug

P.S. I hope you enjoyed them. :)

🐞✉️🐞

🐱

Adrien stared at the letter in shock. This was the last letter he would get until he figured it out?! Sure she left a lot of hints but apparently he's having memory problems, most of middle school is a blur in memories because of all the work he's done.

But if it's about her...he'll remember, he can feel it.

But what did she mean by 'I hope you enjoyed them'?

He read over the hints and an idea popped in his head, rolling his chair over to the desk where he kept all of her letters, and took them all out, stacking them in order from the first of the top to the last, the one in his hand, going on the bottom. He took out his tablet, opening a new note page and started from the beginning and writing down all the hints he got from her.

He would find her, and when he does...

He's going to cherish her.

🐞

Marinette saw Sabrina from the corner of her eye, having spent years on Chloe's list to pick on made her a professional at spotting the blonde's little puppy. Not that they knew that. She had given her recent, and currently last, letter to Alya already, meaning she didn't have to worry about being caught or anything. All her letters were at home in a special box with her diary (which is also a trap for anyone who tries to take anything from the box). She continued writing, probably earning the curiosity of the ginger who came out from her hiding spot and walked over, smiling innocently.

"Good morning, Marinette," she greeted, glancing down at what she was writing, "what are you doing?"

"Essay," she replied curtly, "homework is due today after lunch, remember? But I forgot you need to cite the quotes with the page number and paragraph, so here I am." Her eyes flickered up as she gave a rather annoyed look, "So where's Chloe?" Sabrina jumped at the mention of the blonde's name, but sighed in relief as she realized she hadn't been 'caught'.

"She's still getting ready, she should be here soon, though!" She smiled, "So, Ladybug, do you--"

"Ladybug?" Marinette interrupted, raising an eyebrow at the red-head, trying her best to stay calm, so this was her plan. Smart. "Is that some kind of nickname you're giving me? I don't mind but...we're not really friends, so..."

"N-no!" She exclaimed with an embarrassed blush, "It just s-slipped out, I didn't mean to! I have to-- uh-- wait for Chloe to arrive! Yeah, that! 'Kay, bye!" She darted off, pulling out her phone to text Chloe, and tell her that Marinette being Ladybug was also a false alarm.

The moment the door closed behind the blushing Sabrina, Marinette slumped in her chair, letting out a breath.

Now that was a close call.