The Twenty-Second ✉️

Published: 02/19/2017; Sunday; 5:45pm; Unedited

NOT TODAY MV WAS RELEASED EARLY AND IM JUNGSHOOK.

Not gonna lie, I actually geared up a bit writing the end of this chapter.

Also, do you guys like the new cover? >///<

🐱

Adrien bit lip, staring at what was supposed to be a reply of some sorts to her poems, but he couldn't find the right words. The bell rung and he groaned, crumpling the paper and throwing it in the bin on his way out, shaking his head to clear his head.

It was predicting to rain on Friday, and he could only  hope that it stay like that. The forecast tends to change quite a bit, but he also felt like he was pressuring Ladybug to reveal herself. She shouldn't feel pressured.  She has every right to be so hesitant.

He's the one who forgot her. He would spend the rest of his life making it up to her, that's for sure.

He leaned against the wall, closing his eyes.

A tinkling laugh, one so melodic and surprisingly comforting. It was so real, embarrassed yet so amused about her own clumsiness. Bluebell eyes sparkled surprisingly bright in the cloudy lighting, as he calmed from his own laughter.

"Be seeing you." He waved and began making his way towards his ride.

She began stuttering, her previous tough and sassy exterior disappearing as if it was a whole different person, "Uh- yeah. See you morrow-to-- what, no--  you bye see-- I mean-- why am I stuttering?"

He chuckled as he got in the back seat, not at all minding that he was a little soaked.

After he just made his first friend.

His eyes napped open and he gasped.

He forget his first friend.

🐞

"Girl, what are you doing?" Alya watched as Marinette dug through the trash, and finally pulled out a certain piece of paper and unrolled it carefully from is crumpled state. Her eyes read over the writing with an open mind.

She smiled, eye fluttering closed with a blissful smol as she held the paper close to her.

'Of course I would forgive you, idiot.'

🐱

Adrien spluttered, face flaming as Nathalie held a heat shaped letter towards him.

"Nathalie?!"

"Don't misunderstand, Adrien," she explained, "it's from that girl you like so much. Ladybug."

"Oh, that's good, thank y-- how do you know about Ladybug?!"

"I heard you talking about her once after reading a letter, I asked Nino about it on his last visit. Quite the predicament you're in. But, I'm glad to see you so happy, Adrien, and I'm sure your father will like her for doing something he could not."

He shyly looked down, suddenly looking more like a child than anything in that moment.

"Do you think she'll accept me after what I've done?"

"You're human, Adrien," she took his hand and set the heart letter in his hand. "As a human, you make mistakes. We all do."

"But?"

"But," she smiled, "she wouldn't be in your life again if she held it against you. Find her, and talk with her."

It was quiet for a while before Adrien gave her a quick hug before turning around and scurrying away, mumbling, "Thank you."

Nathalie watched for a bit until he disappeared around the corner before shaking her head and heading back to her desk.

She forgot how small the boy really felt.

🐞✉️🐞

I found your letter.
I already forgave you.
I love you too much.

🐱

He let the tears fall this time, something he hadn't done in a while.

Cry.

He had to keep up a face for his father, for the camera.

But maybe, just maybe...he would finally have someone to comfort him when he wanted to cry.

To hug him.

Tell him it's okay.

That it will all get better.

To whisper sweet nothings to him.

He choked on a sob.

What did he do to deserve a girl like her?