The Twenty-Third ✉️

Published: 02/19/2017; Sunday; 6:30pm; Unedited

Hey ;3 Three updates in a day. Am I good or am I great? ;)

Please don't skip Chloe. I know a lot of you hate her, and I used to. But not anymore. So please.

I wonder if you guys can figure out what I mean in the last two words of her POV 🌚🌚

🐝

In light of the situation, she hadn't expected her father to say no, since he never says no to her. After years of spoiling her, she had grown so used to hearing all the positive answers from him.

So yeah, she didn't see there being a 'no' possibility on either ends of the offer.

She predicted her father agreeing, and Gabriel pondering, but to get 'no' from both sides?

But she didn't find herself angry.

She was on her bed, phone on the nightstand charging, on silent. Her mind went back to what her father had told her.

"You're still so young, you're still my little girl, and I can only imagine your mother would want you to wait."

Her mother.

He brought up her mother.

Chloe buried her face in her hands and let out a cry, not caring if her makeup runs.

Her mother, like Adrien's, had died. Though, hers long ago, when she was still a child, which is why she always liked going to Adrien's house. Because it was like she still had a mother, maybe no by blood, but she was definitely treated like she was.

Maybe that's why she thought she we grow up to marry Adrien.

Her Adrikins.

She cried harder.

Their Adrikins.

🐱🐝🐞

No one brought it up, either out of fear, or out politeness, no one mentioned to Chloe or Adrien about the redness of their eyes, along with the puffiness.

They understood, it was good to let it all out. Sure, they didn't expect it from Chloe, but their nearly adults now, they knew that everyone had their own set of problems.

So, yeah, no one every brought it up.

But that didn't stop Marinette from worrying, more for Adrien than Chloe. She bit her lip.

What could have happened to both of them to make them cry? She wish she could have been there for Adrien, to see if she could do anything.

She gasped, it couldn't have been her letter? Could it? She had given Nathalie the letter, asking her to not tell Adrien it was her, because she wanted him to find her himself, and Nathalie seemed to understand, explaining that Nino had already informed her.

But could it have been her letter? Had she made Adrien cry?!

She freaked out silently, really hoping that that wasn't the case.

🐱

He was grateful that no one would comment on how tired he seemed.

Or the puffiness or his eyes.

He had Nathalie help him try to conceal it as best as she could, so it didn't look as bad as it actually was.

He was worried though, as much as he hates it, about Chloe.

She, too, came to school with red, puffy eyes. Hers was better concealed, but you could definitely tell, and no one asked her out of fear. But for once, she was quiet the whole day, she didn't even talk to Sabrina, didn't pick on anyone, she was just...silent.

That's what got people talking.

Whispering, of course, but it was obvious, and he felt bad, but even he wasn't in a talking mood. Crying really takes it out of you. He felt like he should stop them, after all, before everyone else, he only had his family and Chloe.

But someone else did.

"Would you guys just stop it?!" Marinette, the small, petite, girl that he had only noticed until recently slammed her hands on the desk, everyone shutting up immediately. "If you're going to whisper, fine, but do it somewhere else. It definitely doesn't make you a better person. Everyone has their own problems, so mind your own business." She sat back down with her arms crossed, glaring at the front of the class.

Adrien could only gape.

Someone who Chloe bullies still stood up for her. Marinette must be a one-of-a-kind person.

Just like Ladybug.

He smiles, filing away the need to thank her for doing so later. Right now he just wanted to get through the day and sleep.

Sleep he did, though in class was not ideal, but not even the teacher had the heart to wake the boy up until the end of class. Finding a letter in his bag was just a bonus to being let off the hook with a small scolding and a 'take care of yourself' from Mrs. Bustier.

🐞✉️🐞

It's not a secret
That we would all like to know...
Why did you forget?

-Ladybug