Keller

"This idiotic wolf wants an audience with me, a vampire that wants to kill him." I say disbelief evident in my voice.

"That's what he says, he wants to properly wage war with us" Elijah says even disbelief rang out in his words.

"What does he want to do, shake hands and then be on our merry way to get our armies ready?"

"Well it does sound pretty ridiculous once you put it that way, but we have too. The Elder's law states that in a time during war we have to wage it in the same room."

"What were the Elders high when they made this law. Why in the hell would you wage war in the same bloody room? You're just making it easier for them to kill you right there. You'd have to be insane to walk into a death trap." I say, am I the only one logical enough to see this.

"Well he's saying if you don't go meet him, he'll come here himself and bring his entire pack of mutts."

"I am not scared of a pack of wolves. Put more vampires on the border. Tell him I accept but I go alone. If they attack while I'm gone you're in charge, Elijah. Make sure every capable vampire is fighting."

"Yes, ma'am. Are you sure you don't want me to get Mack to go with you?"

"I'm sure. Kiran will probably think I intend to kill him if I bring an assassin with me. In which I certainly do, but I want the pleasure of seeing the light in his eyes die. I want him to look in my eyes as his life drains from his body. "

Elijah laughs and says "I'll see you when you get back Keller. Have fun" he says leaving the room.

I change into a pair of skinny jeans, a tank top, and a leather jacket. I tie my combat boots tight and slip a silver knife into them.

I head toward the border and am slightly surprised when I see Kiran waiting for me. He wore a tux and I grin, he had to get all dressed up to wage a war.

"Kiran" I say cooly. He nods slightly "Keller."

We just stand there and I say "Come on Kiran what do you want? I have other important things to tend to instead of walking on egg shells around you. Get to the point."

"Such a little charmer, aren't you?" he says annoyed.

"First thing first why are you attacking wolves that don't cross onto your border?" He asks his eyes simmering darkly.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. You are the one who got a nark in my premises and are killing innocent vampires that are doing nothing to your little pack of dogs" I angrily point out. "And besides I claim every single dog I kill, I don't lie. I will not deny the wolves I kill, I take pleasure in the amount of wolves that bare my mark. Why would I not claim the wolves that I have killed?"

Kiran seems to be talking to someone and then his face changes. "Well I haven't been killing vampires unless they cross the border or they provoke the pack."

"Well then there's your answer. I have a killer to track. I recommend you do the same. Oh and as for your little war, I am ready when you are." I say challenging him by raising my eyebrow.

"There will be no war today. I want this killer found. And if I find out that this was all bullshit, you can expect me to be crashing through that border." He says and I grin.

"You can expect the same, Kiran" I say and then turn heading back to my clan. I wasn't falling for any of that shit that came spouting out of that dog's mouth. I already knew who the killer was and it sure in the hell wasn't a vampire.

My clan was waiting for me. Elijah stood to the side watching me, his shoulders visibly relaxing.

"So what did the mutt say?" He asks stepping into pace beside me.

"Just to accuse me of defying the Elder Laws and killing wolves without a cause." I say my eyes forward.

"What? Like that dog has room to talk. More vampires are being killed by the dozen. A decapitated vampire has been found on the edge of the border."

"Bring it to the table I want to take a look" I say watching as a older vampire carries the body of a greyish looking vampire.

Confusion crosses my mind, and my mood sours. "Contact Angel, I want an audience with him" I say passing a hand over the dead vampire.

"Pokoysya s mirom, moy drug. Ya osvobozhdayu vas ot vashego nyneshnego sostoyaniya. Vy khorosho sdelali."(Rest in peace my friend. I free you from your current state. You have done well). I murmur in Elder language and watch as his body slowly disappears.

Angel takes no time to meet me in my office. His hard grey eyes fix on me.

"What is the meaning of this Keller. I have retired from this clan." He snarls.

"You will not talk to me in such a way Angel. I have called you because you are one of the most skilled trackers I have. I fear Samajeez is back." I say pinching the bridge of my nose.

Angel gasps, his bright eyes darkening. "How do you know?" He says.

"The grey dismembered vampires. He's taking his revenge and I will not sit back while he's killing my nest" I say slamming my hand down hard onto the desk.

Angel eyes me as I stand. "I want you to track him" I say.

"This is the last time I do. I'm only doing this because if this is Samajeez we are all already dead" He says bowing slightly before he's gone.

Samajeez was the first vampire I had ever met. He had been gorgeous, and the first love of my life. Even before Titan.

His eyes were a silver hue, his hair a mass of inky darkness. He had looked at me like no man had ever done before.