Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Partners

"So..." Sherlocks new partner asks. "Should we start after school? Or do you want to do it during free period, 'cause I'm fine with that too?"

Sherlock looks at him, and walks out of the classroom.

The boy struggles to keep up. "Um, or we can start tomorrow, if you'd like..?" He asks hesitantly.

Sherlock stops and looks at him. "Look, John, was it? How about you do the project, and we both just stay out of each others way? That sounds much better, hmm?"

"But we both need to put in equal effort. Mrs. Elon said-"

"Yes, yes, Mrs. Elon is an idiot, I'm sure she says a lot of things." They both look up as they hear the bell. "I don't want to work with you, and I'm positive that after this, you won't want to work with me either. This is the best way, no?"

"No, it isn't the best-" Sherlock waved him off.

"Who cares, I'm going to be late for class."

Without a further glance, he sauntered off.

"What a prick," John muttered under his breath.

Oh, well. Only one option now.

"Uh, Mrs. Elon?" He called for her attention as he walked back into the room. "I was wondering if I could get a new partner for the project?"

Her eyebrows nearly touched as looked up at him from her desk. "Why would you want a new partner, John?"

"Well, ehrm, Sherlock isn't being very.." How to say this so he won't make an enemy on his third day of school? "He's just not.." John made some odd motions with his hands that made him look like he was having a seizer.

But nonetheless, Mrs. Elon some how got the point. She stood up and went to the phone connected on the wall by the door. "Will Sherlock Holmes please come to the history room? Sherlock Holmes to the history room, thank you."

"Take a seat, John," she offered with a polite smile.

Within minutes, the lanky boy strode in, throwing himself into the seat next to John's.

"Mr. Holmes, I understand that you don't want to work with John."

He looked at her as if she were an idiot. Which of course, in his eyes, she was. "No. Obviously. Didn't we just have this conversation?"

"Yes, and I told you that you don't have a choice. Now, you will be working with John Watson, and that is final. If I hear that you have not been doing any work into this project, you will have detention everyday for the rest of the year. Is that understood?" She would tell him he'd be suspended, but she knew he'd like that, as he has before. No, what really gets to him is having to stay. Having his time wasted.

"Yes. Understood." He gripped the side of his chair harshly.

"Good. You are dismissed." She said, seemingly oblivious to Sherlocks anger.

Sherlock snapped his head toward John and glared at him with those cold blue eyes.

John looked at him, scared for his life. He was stuck working on a project with that guy?

God help him.

Comment vote and subscribe!