ow you asshole (iii)

It's been four months since Niall left. It's been four months since Harry couldn't stop thinking about him. Honestly, it made him feel like shit. He knew Niall loved him so why did he do it? Leave without a word and leave it like that.

Harry drags himself down to the living room, not minding the two other boys who are currently having a hotdog eating challenge. He spots Zayn though, he's outside smoking and on his phone. He's talking to someone. Harry decided he wants to smoke, maybe find something distracting.

As he approaches the door, he can faintly hear Zayn talking. "Yeah, he's asleep. He's been shit. I still hate you for it, you know? He'll do fine, Harry's strong. You of all people know that." Harry stops himself from opening the door. His heart is pounding and he possibly can't be talking to Niall, can he? Harry sneakily sits down, in hopes Zayn won't sense him.

"If you miss him so much why don't you bump him a text? Or I don't know, be fair and come back and explain?! I know. I'll constantly remind you of how selfish you are. God, just. Are you hearing yourself?" Harry bites his lips, he knows it's Niall. It is.

"You know what? Call me when you're done being an asshole. We love you and all but stop acting like this. Good luck and I'll call you soon. Bye, Niall." Then, Harry loses it. He can feel his chest constricting. He can literally feel his heart break. He pulls his legs to his chest just crying silently.

"Fucking Irish. Can't take the truth. Jesus, he should pro– mother of God!" Zayn screams, clutching his chest. Harry would have laughed but he can't. He misses him so so much.

"Fuck," Zayn runs a hand through his hair, "Niall is going to cut my head open." He chuckles at himself at that but immediately reaches for Harry. Louis and Liam then come in and Louis and Liam look at Zayn, "You fucked up again, mate." Louis whispers to Zayn but Zayn shrugs him off.

"Mate, I know you're angry at me bu–"

"Where's he Zayn?" Zayn looks at the other two before looking at Harry again.

"Look, Harry–"

"Fucking shut up. I'm angry at you all for keeping him away from me but I'll forgive you if just tell me where he is." Harry pleads, looking up at them with pleading eyes.

"Harry, it's just that Ni–"

"I don't care what he asked you to do. I just want answers. Let me have my answers." He sobs. As Louis was about to protest, they give in as they hear their best friend brokenly sob, "Please."

***

"You have no idea how proud I am of you." Maura smiles solemnly, caressing Niall's cheeks. Niall takes a hold of his mum's hand before pulling her in for a hug.

"I love you, mum. I can't thank you enough." Niall takes a deep breath feeling his chest lighten in content. For now. Once Niall and Maura had pulled away, Bobby comes in for a hug with tears in his eyes.

"Please don't ever come back to it, son. You know I can't lose you. Greg, Theo, Denise, your mum and I can never lose you. Niall," Bobby contemplates wether to say it but he knows it's for the better.

"One lost you already Niall, don't let the other three." Niall tenses but hugs his dad even tighter, refusing to cry. He can't be reminded of it.

"Dinner tomorrow at my place, 7 pm, da." Niall smiles at his dad before telling his mum the same thing. He'll just inform Greg later.

After the little fight he had with Zayn yesterday, he feels completely ashamed to continue talking to them. He can't go back now. It was between a rock and a hard place.