Only under one condition

***Alex's POV***

Our lips parted. We both looked shocked. Me mainly because that kiss gave me a feeling I've never felt before.

~~~~~~~~~~Earlier that day~~~~~~~~~~

After I ran out of the hospital room I instantly regretted it. But I couldn't go back. I need to think. I drove to me and Rachel's private place for when we need to be alone. And just talk or think to ourselves. It's in the woods behind our houses. No one ever goes in the woods. The only people who know about it is Me, Rachel, and some of the other football players who are our friends.

   I slept over because this while time I've been thinking about this. I decided to call Erick, a friend of me and Rachel who gives the best advice. I need to know what to do. When he arrived he walked through the door.

"Hey man. What is it you need help with? You sounded pretty bad over the phone, so I rushed over.  You look worse."

I chuckled. I then patted the couch for him to sit. When he did I spilled the beans.  It was hard to hold in the tears when I went over the part about the cancer. Other than Rachel he was the only one who knew about the cancer with my mom thing. Erick was my guy best friend. He was basically the male version of Rachel. Not like I couldn't do guy talk with Rachel. I mean I sometimes worry if she gay. But she's not so. It just sometimes feel better talking talking with a guy.  After i was done he was laid back on the couch with a smirk on his face.

"What??"

"Dude, You're so stupid" He then chuckled.

"W-what do you mean?? "

"The only reason I'm here is because you're oblivious to BOTH of you guys' feelings."

"Care to ilaberate??"

"You are in love with Rachel without even knowing it. She's been head-over-heels for you since the beginning."

"You're crazy. "

"I'll tell you what. Go to her apologize then kiss her"

"What??  W-Why?!"

"It'll help you determine whether or not you're guys do this."

I just say there in confusion.  As he for up of the couch and headed towards the door. He turned the knob and opened the door and walked out and clouded the door. Not before turning around and saying.

"If you don't feel anything I was wrong, don't do it because at the end of the day you don't want to break her heart. But if you do, go through with it. Just know that there WILL be tears. But, you will also give her a reason to live."

    I sat there for a few minutes thinking about what to do. Should I go or stay? After a few minutes I made up my mind.

                   ***Rachel's POV***

KNOCK.KNOCK.KNOCK.

I wonder who that is. My moon left to go to work about an hour ago. When the unknown person stepped around the corner it was the last person I expected. Uh what does he want.

                   ***Alex's POV***

When I stepped through the door I locked it. Rachel just rolled her eyes when she saw me and continued watching tv and sat Indian style. I walked over to her and sat under the covers she instinctively moved over giving me more space to sit. I took the opportunity to wrap my arms around her waist. She leaned her head back on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry" I said.

"Is fine" she said.

I them sat in front of her and held her hands. And words spilled out of my mouth without me thinking first.