Chapter 6

NEXT MORNING

NATSU'S POV

BEEP-BEEP-BEEP!

I open my eyes, waking to the annoying sound of my magic alarm clock to see it was 4:20am. Why so early? 

I groggily hit the snooze button, letting out a tired groan. Last night i only got around 5 hours of sleep because i couldn't relax 'cause i was thinking about seeing Luce tomorrow.

Wait, I'm meeting with Luce today! I shot out of bed excitedly, rushing over to get dressed. In the process, i hit Happy off the bed causing him to wake up.

"Ugh Natshu, what time is it?" My blue partner asked rubbing his eyes, while i was rummaging through my drawers getting my clothes.

"Sorry Happy, go back to sleep. I'm going out today to see Luce, but you can't come. I'll meet you at the guild later today." I answered softly, trying to get him to go back to sleep, and apparently it was working.Happy laid back down with a nod and soon was snoring away again.

I smiled at him and continued to get dressed and ready.

I finished getting ready, eating breakfast in the process around 4:53am. I left out the front door quietly, careful to not wake Happy again.

I ran with a grin on my face to the edge of the forest where Luce told me there would be an animal with a bell on it waiting to pick me up.

Since i lived close to the forest i got there with a minute to spare. 

I looked around for the animal Lucy was talking about. After failing to find it, i decided to wait under a tree for it to show up. 

I sat down under a big oak tree only about 40 feet into the forest. 

As soon as i sat down, i heard a low purr coming from above me. I cautiously looked up to find a tan and black looking tiger thingy with big teeth. It was sitting on a branch above me with it's paws and tail hanging down. It looked like it could put up a good fight. Hehe, wait this is no time to think about fighting Natsu!

The cat creature jumped down over my head, then turned around to face me and sat down looking at me with friendly eyes. Now that is was on the same level as me, i could see how cool it looked.

 Now that is was on the same level as me, i could see how cool it looked

I looked at it confused, then noticed the golden bell tied to it's neck with a white rope. 

"So you're the one who Luce sent to pick me up?" I realized. The cat-like creature gave a little nod of understanding to me. 

"So what should i call you?" I asked looking around for some type of clue as to his name. 

He walked up to me and put his furry head into the sky revealing his bell better. I looked closer to the bell and found a piece of folded paper attached to it. I gently took off the paper from his neck, feeling his incredibly soft fur in the process. His fur was even softer than Happy's! It felt like you were petting the clouds!

I unfolded the paper to find neat handwriting on it. The note read-

         Dear Natsu,

      I figure if you're reading this, you have met Gillian. Get on Gillian's back and he will take you to the necessary place where Blessing Day will be held. Do not fret, Gillian is one of my most trusted friends and i trust him with my life. See you soon!

                                                   -Lucy <3

I finish the letter and look up to see Gillian sitting patiently a foot in front of me. "So, your name is Gillian?" I ask him, putting the note in my pocket. 

Gillian gives me another nod and rubs his head against my arm purring. I laugh and pet his soft head as he requested. 

Gillian gets up and turns sideways looking back at me. Getting the idea, i hop on to his muscled back, finding it surprisingly comfortable. 

The tan animal starts off walking, then gets into a fast run. He dodges and weaves between trees and rocks. 

Startled by his speed and agility, i grab on to his soft pelt to keep my self from falling off. This is so much fun! I start smiling like a child while he leaps over a 5 foot stream. 

We speed by all of the trees, making them look like a big blur. 

After about 8 minutes of running we start to make it into a beautiful clearing. This one  was more beautiful than the one i saw Luce singing in when i saw her again after she blessed us. How do i not  know these mini oases are here?!

Gillian slows down into a walk, and makes his way to the beginning of the rock-bridge

Gillian slows down into a walk, and makes his way to the beginning of the rock-bridge. He sits down and i roll off of him as he does so. I get up quickly brushing my self off hoping no one saw that. 

Gillian looks back as me with a cat grin. "You shut up," I say scowling playfully at him because he dropped me off his back on purpose. 

After i said that, i hear the familiar giggling i love coming from behind me. I turn around to see Lucy looking amazingly beautiful in what she was wearing, WOW. 

 Behind her were about 100 animals consisting of bears, wolves, rabbits, deer, birds, and so many other animals i don't recognize

"W-wow Luce! You look beautiful!" I compliment her with a slight blush on my cheeks. The same redness shows up on her adorable face, just 10 times more powerful.

"T-thanks. You can go sit with the animals during the ceremony." Lucy says looking away embarrassed. She soon regains her composure and talks to the animals. "All adult animals, bring your children who are getting blessed to the rock bridge." 

The animals give her a nod and pick up their kids and do as their told. After that, they go and sit on the grass around the pond with me following after saying sure to Lucy. 

Luce walks up to the middle of the rock-bridge and puts her hands out side ways with an excited smile on her pink lips. 

"Now, let Blessing Day begin!"