Chapter 7

NO ONES POV

Lucy's arms fell to her side and she walked to the edge of the stone bridge with a straight and concentrated face. She didn't look like she's going to stop walking, so Natsu stood up quickly with a look of worry on his face, about to go over to catch her before she falls into the water.

As soon as Lucy's foot reached the edge instead of her falling off into the water, rocks and dirt with beautiful flowers and vines grow from under her feet as she walks over the water. With a sigh of relief, Natsu sat back down to watch.

Her eyes open to reveal breathtaking orange dragon like eyes which glowed with a look of fire inside them. Natsu gasped at her eyes, entranced in her beauty. 

Lucy stops in front of the water gazing at the surface. She lifts up her hand, her eyes never wavering from the water, and from the vines around the well, a beautiful flower grows.

Natsu gasps in awe at the yellow glowing flower which was unlike any he's ever seen before. This yellow flower seemed as if it were made out of pure light itself. 

Lucy averts her gaze to the flower, a smile of adoration gracing her perfect pink lips

Lucy averts her gaze to the flower, a smile of adoration gracing her perfect pink lips. With graceful hands, she carefully and skillfully picks the flower with ease from the vines. Laying the flower in her palm, she hovers her left hand over top of it. 

Out of her hand a glowing light appears, covering the entire flower. The Guardian opens her hands revealing a small but elegant blade.

Taking the knife in her hands, she begins to speak with power gazing at the animals of the forest sitting before her

Taking the knife in her hands, she begins to speak with power gazing at the animals of the forest sitting before her. "With this blade passed on to me from the creator of life, I, The Forest Guardian will bless these animal at the first light of a new season. This blessing will grant these animals with grace and protection from myself. Begin."

As Lucy finished, the young animals rose to their feet. Lucy gave a nod with a smile to them, and they formed a line up the side of the rock bridge. 

When the first young one of the line reached Lucy, she dipped the tip of the blade into the water in the well. After it was wet, she bent down to the small deer. Taking his head in her hand, she carefully made a small cut into the deer on his forehead. 

Blood dripped down from it's head, and Lucy cupped a hand underneath it to catch the falling red liquid. When she successfully caught it, she gently placed her hand into the well where the blood spread into the water. The deer soon left the line, not after giving Lucy a curt bow, returning to it's parents on the bank of the pond.

This process soon happened to each animal, with Natsu watching in amazement, not missing any of it. 

As the last one in line hopped away back to it's parents, Lucy faced the bank and took the blade, cutting a 5 in cut into her wrist. Bright, shining, scarlet blood flowed from her wound. Before her blood could fall on the floor, she put her wrist over the well, letting the red substance drip into it's water.

As she let her blood fall into the water she spoke, "With this blood, the blessing is complete. You may now rest assured that I will protect you with everything I have as a being."

 She took her arm away from over the well, returning it to her side. Her other hand which held the knife slowly immersed the knife into the water, letting it fall to the bottom. When she took her hand out of the water, the liquid glowed a rainbow of many colors. 

As the color and light died down, no water nor blade was left behind in the well. After that, her eyes returned from the orange dragon color to her natural honey brown ones.

"Blessing Day is complete!" Lucy cheered with a big smile on her features. The forests animals roared out in happiness. Gillian gave a roar which started Natsu a bit at first. Natsu cheered along with the animals in delight. 

After the sound died down, the animals returned to the forest all going their separate ways. 

Natsu stood up when Lucy walked down from her well, it disappearing behind her back into the rocks.

Lucy walked up to Natsu with a smile on both of their faces. "So, how'd you like Blessing Day?" Lucy asked still smiling. Surprising Lucy, Natsu gave her a big hug. "It was amazing! Thanks for inviting me!" He said as he released Lucy with a slight blush on his cheeks. In contrast, Lucy's cheeks were bright red from the sudden contact with the male dragon slayer. 

She giggled from his cuteness nodding her head as a 'your welcome'. "Come one you pink headed lunatic, lets go to the guild, I'm starving!" Lucy said rubbing her stomach as an extra effect. 

"You're gonna go dressed in that?" Natsu asked looking at her still in her dress with a slight blush. 

"Oh yeah! Hold on, I'll change." She said looking down at her body. Using requip, she dressed herself in a pretty blue sundress that went down to her knees with white flowers on it.

"Ok! Let's go!" Natsu exclaimed grabbing her hand and running in the direction of the guild. While the two friends ran together, they both had smiles of happiness on their faces.