♠CHAPTER 1♠

That night, I was lost I had no where to go and no one to relay on, but what I did know was that I could no longer stay in that house. With the money I had, I decide to throw my care to the wind, and buy an airplane ticket to Seattle.

To say that my decision was careless would be an understatement. It was horrible to be at a place with no money an no family. There where days I would not eat, and nights I would not sleep with the fear that I could be taken advantage of at night in the streets.

That all change when the kind soul of Mr. Paterson showed up. He game me a home and three meals a day. He helped me through my divorce. He was the father I never had. He pushed me to keep going. He's my inspiration and the sole reason my company stand's where it is today.

Until a tragic news came that dear old Mr. Paterson had passed away. Those news hit me hard to the point I was lost until his will was read. He was proud of me, I was his sunshine like he always called me. It saddens me to know that the lovely man that I knew has left to reunite with his wife, who he truly missed. It was such a surprise that he would leave everything he had to me, which I later found out that he thought of me as a daughter.
Months passed and his death gave me the strength I needed to be where I am now. During these months my company grew, becoming a well known corporation to all.
As we now where known, difficult times arrived upon us. Lies and rumors where made. Of course no one believed that at twenty five, me Pierce could be owner of a multi billion company known as Matson Corporation. And with those rumors, my ex husband came too. It was known world wide that it was not a divorce, it was just a lovers quarrel. What is most known as a little break.
He surely was wrong because what once united us as one no longer exists.

And from that day forward I payed no interest to the media.
My life was wanted to be known by all. Reporters would wait outside the building, and many speculations about me and my life where made, none close to the reality.

I was broken from my thoughts by my assistant and the person who I consider my best friend now.
"Hey Pierce you have a call on line three" "Okay thanks Rose, please have the contract for the charity event ready before lunch thank you". " Pierce Matson how may I help you" "Pierce! Thank god you answer I been-" "What do you want, was it not enough to ruined my marriage that now you want to ruined my life too". " No look I just want to talk". "At least give me the chance to redeem my self and explain. If you can please meet me at Lilly's Coffee Shop at 2:30 pm". "Look I need to go I'm busy I'll see if I can make our meeting. Good-by". "Good bye best-" "Don't call me that Carla, you lost your best friend title years a go. Now my best friend's name is Rose and your not her. Now bye". "Pier-". I can't believe her, after she sleeps with my husband behind my back she feels like I'll be all buddy, buddy with her she's ridiculous.

I ask my self why now can she just leave me alone. Putting my face in my hands I blow a frustrated sight this day can't get worst than this. I hear my office door open but I do not pick my head up. " Pierce, are you alright?" "No Rose I'm not. The call on line three was the women who my husband cheated on me". " What I can't believe that whore. She has the nerve to call you, that woman knows no shame". "You want to know what's worse. She was my best friend who by the way I'm meeting in twenty minutes". "What are you for reals please tell me your not going Pierce?". " I am Rose, I need to put an end to this doubts I have, I need to know, I want to let this go and move on".