18. spring breakers pt 3

SONG - FEET DON'T FAIL ME - FOXES

Even if Oliver had made the suggestion just to fuck with Harvey's head in anger because he was angry, it didn't mean that he made a completely bad decision in suggesting Monte Carlo. It was beautiful.

From the car windows, he couldn't help but take in the beauty of the small municipality. The palm trees littered their path as they drove by. The sky was blue and puffy with clouds. The air felt truly fresh, nothing tainted with the industrial guck and waste of the larger countries. Ferrari's and Maserati's zoomed past them taking advantage of the large open roads to let their engines roar. A common occurrence since Monaco was popularly known as the playground of the rich and famous but could yet still hold unto its natural tranquility with its trees and eco-awareness, along with the modern wonders of casinos, luxurious hotels and Formula 1 race tracks.

"It's kind of nice." Jake said.

Harvey turned to his attention to his seatmate who had been watching his focus. Jake simply shrugged "You noticed it and I said it."

"It is. That's the sad part." Harvey muttered.

"Why?" Jake asked.

Harvey glanced around their cab. It was large and everyone else was occupied with taking pictures and shouting about an awesome time. Stella and Michelle had bent forward into the windows with their phones intently taking pictures of everything they passed by.

Kale seemed focused on both Stella's derriere ad the wonderful wonders outside being a stellar multi tasker.

"Oliver only suggested this place to hurt me." Harvey admitted looking down. It was a good thing that Oliver was in the other cab and not here because it would make the moment so much worse. It even beat his momentary fear of having him and Elena in the same car. Two exes with terrible histories. One more than another.

"You've been here before?" Jake enquired.

Harvey shook his head. The blonde boy sighed "Once when we were still together and everything was ok, we both promised that this would be the first place we'd ever visit together. It wasn't even a concrete thing; we were high on happiness back then, I had this stupid dream that we'd be together forever. He knew I remembered and that's the only reason he suggested this place. To hurt and remind me of everything I'd lost us."

Jake pursed his lips for a moment. He looked unsure of what to say. Or maybe if what he was about to say was truly correct.

"There's a downside to his plan then."

"What?" Harvey wanted to know.

Jake looked away from him "He's hurting himself. You both think that you're the only one suffering in this but he's suffering too."

This surprised Harvey, "How do you know?"

Jake gave him a blank look "Because how can you not feel anything hurting someone you love?"

"Oliver doesn't love me anymore." Harvey immediately answered. He wasn't happy about the development but with everything that had happened, it seemed highly probable.

Jake spoke "I don't know if he still does. But I do know he cares about you at least to an extent. You're his first love; you had many good times together. He can't easily forget that. No one can."

"How did you know I was his first love?" Harvey asked.

"We talked a little." Jake answered "He held back plenty so don't worry, but he did tell me a little about how much you meant to him in the past. We've been talking and he's sort of opening up to me."