3. They All Fall Down

Apparently almost everyone that I knew had saw the little moment between me and Jax and rumors started to spread around school.

     I don't think I've ever been the main topic of a rumor before—I'm not that well-known in school for anyone to even remotely care about me enough to want to talk about—and I've come to the conclusion that I absolutely hate being the center of attention.

    I couldn't catch the damn break today. People were staring. When I entered the washroom, I had several girls glaring at me so hard you'd think I'd slept with all their boyfriends. I didn't understand the wrath that they harbored for me. It's not like Jax was theirs in the first place. Besides, nothing even happened between the both of us.

Nothing that is interesting enough to talk about anyway.

    But I don't think that's what the rumors are about. If there's anything I know about this school is that rumors are rumors for a reason—they're exaggerated so much to the extent that you wonder why so many idiots believe it in the first place.

    And they do believe it. All the damn time.

    "So I heard that you and Jax Deneris hooked up last Saturday," Trevor says as he slides in the cafeteria bench.

He slides a protective arm over Braydon and presses a light kiss on the side of her cheek. Braydon leans towards her boyfriend, resting her head on his shoulder as she drops another french fry into her mouth.

    I glare at Braydon. "Did you tell him that?"

    "No, I swear." She lifts her hands like she's surrendering. "Babe, where did you hear that from?"

    Trevor shrugs. "The cheerleaders were talking about it with some of the guys after football practice. I happened to overhear some of it."

    "Shit," I mutter. "Is that what everyone thinks?"

    "Apparently," he says. "There's other rumors going around too. Like after the passionate sex the both of you had, you're allegedly carrying his baby now. Some girls claimed they saw you puking in the bathroom-"

    "This is fucking ridiculous." I take a sip of my Diet Coke. "Absolutely ridiculous. I didn't even do anything with him."

    "You know how it is with this school," Trevor tells me. "Always stirring shit up."

    "Please don't tell me you guys believe the rumors." I look at the both of them pleadingly.

    Braydon glances at Trevor, then back at me. "Well, no of course not. But-"

    I groan. Buts are always not good.

    "What I mean is," Braydon starts off. "You really sure nothing happened between the both of you? I heard Jax Deneris is a really irresistible guy. When he pays the slightest attention to a girl, the girl usually won't hesitate to jump his bones. So what I'm saying is that are you sure you didn't do anything with him-"

    "What? Are you doubting my memory?" I force out a laugh. "You think I would forget if Jax kissed me? Or did other things with me?"

    My best friend smiles. "I guess you're right. It's pretty impossible to forget a guy like him." She slumps against her boyfriend and sighs. "He's so fucking swoon-worthy."

    Oh god.

    "Hello? Boyfriend over here," Trevor clears his throat.

    "Aw babe, you know I still love you the most," Braydon kisses his neck slowly.