12. Time Will Tell

"Good morning, princess," Jax murmurs as he presses a kiss on my bare shoulder. We're in a tangled heap together curled up against the mats, using some of our clothes as a makeshift blanket to keep us warm. I groan and clutch Jax's body tighter, using it somewhat like a huge body pillow.

"Not yet," I mumble against his chest. "I don't want to wake up yet."

His chuckle vibrates through his body. "You have to. We have to go. We really overstayed our welcome."

"Julian will understand."

"No, he won't," he nudges me. "Come on, princess. Get up. If he finds us here, he's going to kill us—"

Suddenly, the front doors are being shoved open and an all too familiar voice yells, "What the fuck-?"

Speak of the devil.

"Ah, fuck," Jax swears as he scrambles to collect all of our clothing littered across the gym floor. I'm still half-awake, and when Jax chucks my clothes towards me and sends me an apologetic smile, I suddenly realize how naked I am.

"Fucking Christ," Julian mutters when he sees the both of us on the mats. He rolls his eyes and groans. Jax just looks at him cheekily as he attempts to cover his junk with a mini pile of his clothing.

"Uh... hey." Jax gives Julian a small wave. "I would say it's not what it looks like but it's actually exactly what it looks like," he says, giving an embarrassed smile.

"You told me no more fucking around in the gym." Hot red anger flashes in Julian's eyes as they dart from me to Jax back to me again.

I feel my cheeks heating up. I'm hugging my knees together, trying to cover all of my indecent areas. Jax is trying to shield me by standing directly in front of me and across from Julian, but it's not really helping.

"I'm not fucking around in the gym! It's different!"

"Oh really? Then, what do you call what the both of you did in my gym last night? Working out?"

Jax shrugs. "Technically speaking—"

Julian groans. "Why do I even bother with you." Then, he turns to me. "So now that he's fucked you, did he give you the it's not you, it's me speech? Or did he give you the I'm not in that place right now for a relationship speech? Because that one's Oscar-worthy, trust me. I've heard it a thousand times."

"Err... no. He hasn't said anything yet." I cast a wary look at Jax.

"And I'm not going to," Jax looks at me when he says that. Then, he glares daggers at Julian. "She's my fucking girlfriend. And she's staying. For good."

Julian snorts. "Okay."

"I'm serious."

"And I pretend to believe you." Julian waves the both of us off. "Whatever. Just get fucking changed. The both of you. People will be rolling in here soon and the both of you sweaty and naked ain't gonna do well for business."

"I actually beg to differ. Who wouldn't want to take a look at this—" Jax gestures to his body.

"One more word and I'm considering kicking you the fuck out of here." His trainer gives him the death stare.

"You wouldn't. I'm good for business."

"But bad for my stress levels," Julian mutters as he shuffles off to the lockers to put his bags down.