Chapter 8

As I sat at my table, I heard some of the other Hekate kids daring each other to go to the "oracle."
"What's the Oracle?" I asked inquisitively.
"Sereously, you don't know?"
"Oh, shut up, Edwin. She's only been here for four days, and three of them was when she was in the infurmery for some reason... Anyway, the Oracle is a person whom a god can pretty much speak through, and it's really creepy looking when it happens..."
"So, now that you know what it is...I dare you to go see it!!!," Edwin said quickly.
"Wh-how - I just got here! Plus I don't know where it is!"
"Oh, it's just right near the entrance," Edwin answered nonchalantly, now go!" As Edwin pushed me, I, again, stumbled into Nico. We each had the same reaction, chuckle.
But this time, Nico asked," who'd they dare now, and what?"
"Me, and to go talk to the Oracle..."
"Wh - what the last time a Hekate kid went in there, it freakin' killed her! Don't go in-"
"That's the point DiAngilo junior," Edwin said sarcastically, as he got up.
Nico clenched his fists and a shadow appeared over his face. Nico stepped toward Edwin, anger overcoming his calm state. "Both of you, calm down. I'll go to the Oracle just for Edwin's sake. But I'll be careful, for Nico ' sake."
"No, no, you could get hurt, or worse," Nico retorted.
"This is why people never talk in front of you, you're a wimp," Edwin said.
As the boys whipped arguments back and forth, I slipped away for to the Oracle. When I got into the 'oracle's room', I noticed hundreds of candles that were all untouched and unlight. As I circled the eerie room I stopped to look at the the variety of dusty books on the shelf. When I turned around,all the candles were lit and the skeleton in the corner of the room was stirring.