Chapter 9

I would have felt the stare from a mile away, the glowing orbs that represented eyes flickered, like the lit candles surrounding the room. When the Oracle spoke, it sounded human - like, then I relized who ever this body belonged to spent their whole live as the oracle.
"The last time a Hekate child came in here was sixty-two years ago," the Oracle said in a hoarse voice, as she circled me.
"Well, I think people were curious if that... incident was just an accident or if you hate Hecate's children's guts..." I trailed off.
"Well, I don't chuckle much, but that is quite funny. What have you come to seek, other than that?"
"Well I just came here because it was a dare. But you also seem very interesting, may I ask three questions?"
"Ask away, my dear."
"Well, I was just wondering, which God is speaking through you, right now?
"Ah, everyone asks this, although not nearly as politely. Sometimes-well let me put it this way, I'm a telephone, you are the caller, the gods are the receivers, sometimes they pick up the phone, other times, mmm, not so much... Now, what was your second question?
"Who were you, what was your identity?"
"Ah, but alas, yet another question everyone asks... my name was Delphi, no last name, just Delphi, or Delphine, your last question?"
"What did you look like?"
"Many times like this," Delphi flipped out an old, tattered, and drawn picture.

 my name was Delphi, no last name, just Delphi, or Delphine, your last question?""What did you look like?""Many times like this," Delphi flipped out an old, tattered, and drawn picture

"Wow, your gorgeous! Well, this has been great, but I'd better get going."
Delphine chuckled, "thank you, but I'm afraid you can't leave."
I spun around, "Excuse me? Sorry, I must have just heard wrong, I'll just be leaving, now."
"Oh, but you can't leave, I get so lonely up here, and Hekate children are always so much more accomidating," as she said this, yellow smoke, like from the picture, began to fill the air.
"If you don't let me go, I - I'll scream."
"You'll suffocate, before you can."
I screamed, as loud, high and long as I could. "Hheellpp!!! Help! Help!"