Chapter 14

"oh, cool. Is there a show soon?" I asked, then thought about Piper and Hazel, "actually, we're pretty busy. We'd better get going. Sorry."
The Australian man grabbed my wrist, "yes, actually. There is one in five minutes," the next sentence was in more of a growl, "You should come and watch."
"Oh, thanks, but we really need to go," I said, as I tried to pull my hand out of his iron grip. I glanced over at Nico and Leo with a desperate look in my eyes, they walked over.
"Yeah, we've really gotta find the rest of our group, "Nico said.
"Yeah," Leo chuckled, "we would probably eat all of your popcorn, anyway, oh well."
"No, Xena. The shows are only ten minutes long. Why don't you stay, the man asked, still with the low growl in his voice.
"H-how do you know my name," I looked him in the eyes and to my astonishment, they were black. As he was distracted with talking and keeping Nico and Leo away from his grip, I sipped my hand out of his grip and bolted, hoping that the two boys would fallow.
When I looked back I saw the two boys, quite far behind, and I didn't see the Australian man so I stopped. When the boys caught up they were doubling over in wheases. I chuckled, "we'd better get back, the other groups will be waiting."