Red numbers 8

I'm dedicating this to Razzel3! I'm still lost on how to actually do it but yes! this is dedicated to Razzel!!!!! : D

Chapter 8

The first rays of sunlight began to stream into the house bathing the interior in a sleepy golden glow. Lisbon was still sleeping on the couch and Catherine in her bed, Jane was in the kitchen with his fifth cup of tea and flipping through the pages of Catherine's notebook. Trying to understand the numbers. Page after page of equations within equations it was almost madness! Although every once and a while he would find a date time and location in bold print which corresponded to an encounter with Red John or a Red John case.

5/20/09? Bosco's murder.

5/30/09? That was the date he found Rosalind for the first time.

7/13/10? His date with Kristina.

7/15/10? He witnessed Red John murder two teens. He then found out that Kristina Fry had been kidnapped by Red John.

10/31/10? Found Kristina who decided she was dead even though she was alive.

It just kept going, all the important dates went with what happened to him that day. It also makes sense that Lisbon was there for him always at the right time. But if Catherine knew the times and dates wouldn't she have known about Amanda's murder beforehand? A few pages deeper and sure enough, there was Amanda's date and time of murder. So why didn't Catherine speak up? Why didn't she give a warning of some kind?

Getting tired of the endless questions he's having to face he closes the notepad and looks at the clock which beams 4:30 at him. It takes him 35 minutes to get there so it looks like he'll have to leave now.

--------

Hardly anyone was there, just the typical security guards doing their rounds. A few members were there as well but he didn't know any of them to well so it didn't matter. Jane looks at the time 5:10am, alright so he might feel ridiculous for even coming and actually paranoid that he left those two back home. But if Catherine can really predict things he might as well test out that theory.

When it reached 5:15 nothing was happening. What a bust. He might as well go back home there's no sense in staying here any longer.

Walking past Minnelli's office he gets to the elevator and hears yelling? It's coming from Minnelli's office? Jane takes a quick peak into the office. There's a man he's never seen before talking to Minnelli.

The man was tall and he wore a black suit...CBI? No, no, by the way he's holding himself he's with the FBI. Jane can't hear him speak so the man must have a soft, low voice. If only he could see the man's face!

Minnelli gets livid.

"SHE WOULD NEVER DO THAT HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT SHE WOULD! SHE IS A LOYAL, INDEPENDENT WOMAN AND THE MOST FAITHFUL AGENT IN THE CBI!"

The man raises his hands in apology, or to calm Minnelli down.

"AND DON'T YOU EVER COME INTO MY OFFICE AND TRY TO MANIPULATE ME YOU-"

Jane began to get a vast knowledge on curses. He took that as the time to leave.

"GET OUT OF MY OFFICE! GET OUT!"

Didn't have to say that twice! Instead of going to the elevator Jane goes to the stairs. He hears the door click and footsteps that lead towards the elevator. As the man turns to the elevator Jane can finally get a glimpse of the man's face.

He had black hair and brown eyes, is this Xander? The elevator doors close and the man disappears.