Chapter 1 Asians Unite!

Chapter 1 - Asians Unite!

----------------------------♡--------------------------
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
~ Oscar Wilde
----------------------------♡--------------------------

"You're beautiful. I love you."

A great therapist once said, "When you love yourself, you don't ever feel alone."

I blow a kiss to the reflection in the mirror and then fixed my curly, chocolate brown hair. Even though I don't have shampoo commercial worthy hair, I'd still prefer it to seem presentable. Personal standards, okay?

Someone knocked on my door.

"Hello?" It was a guard.

"Hello from the other side!" I said loud enough for him to hear.

"Your mother says it's time," the guard replied.

"Time for Platform nine and three quarters, is it?" I started picking up my suitcase and handbag with a smile. There wasn't a reply. The Muggle probably didn't understand. "I'm coming."

I opened the door and gestured him to escort me.

He insisted on carrying my bags for me, even though I didn't want him to. Mom made sure I didn't get even a bit of exercise. As if unhealthiness would treat me well. I met Ms. President downstairs in the living room. She was conversing on her phone with someone with her back visible to us. I stopped short behind her and waited.

She spent a few minutes talking before turning around and meeting my blue eyes with his brown eyes. I obviously inherited my deceased father's beautiful eye color.

"Are you ready for this?" she asked.

"I was born ready."

"Stop it," she said seriously. I didn't even know what she wanted me to stop doing. "I still think you should go to that boarding school in London instead of some public school in Delaware."

"I'll be fine. I want to live an average life for once, and see how well that treats me," I said softly.

She nodded unwantingly.

"If you ever feel upset, you have to tell an adult. Am I clear?" she said sternly. I gave her a crooked smile and gave a thumbs up. "Stop with that behavior. I know you're not happy."

"Happy? I'm f--fudging ecstatic!"

Obedient children like me didn't swear in front of parents, especially not in front of my mother--the first female President.

By default.

A story for another time.

She ignored my little slip up and gave me a whole lecture on how to behave and respect to my peers. In her lack of presence, I better not become pregnant or a druggie.

So much faith.

I might just drown in it.

The time to leave came and I gave Mom a hug, surprising both her and myself. Neither one of us were emotional or touchy people. In fact, today was the first time I hugged someone in my family. The great therapist also said, "Share your hugs as often as you can. You don't know whose day might get brighter because of your gesture."