Chapter 3 Cacti & Roses

Chapter 3 - Cacti & Roses

----------------------------♡--------------------------
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
~ William Shakespeare
----------------------------♡--------------------------

"Hey heart throb, your eyes have such a stunning sparkle as if--"

"I'm planning your murder?" he suggested.

I chuckled. "I doubt I'm worth going to jail for."

"Trust me, you are."

We were both sitting in our second period Forensics class, waiting for the bell to ring for lunch. Due to only ten people in the class and me not knowing any except for Toby, I conversed with him for now. Messing with him had been a continuation of math class, where I hardly received an opportunity to chat. Plus, this guy didn't even know how to smile and I wanted to see how he'd look with one.

"Is that a compliment?" I asked faking being touched by the words. "You think I'm worth the trouble?"

"Yes," he admitted. "Even if I get charged with a third degree murder for sending you six feet underground."

What a nasty visual.

"Hey, if that brings a smile to your face and satiates your heart, then you have my permission," I said quite considerate. "I doubt my father would want to see me so early, though."

Yeah, he probably wouldn't.

But if dad saw me like this, he wouldn't be very happy either. He raised me to behave like a proper lady--one who spoke more thoughtfully and was chary of what came out of her mouth.

I couldn't care less.

We were in a school, not in an etiquette class.

Truth be told, school was the most amazing experience in my life.

After Austria, Paris, Honululu, St. Petersburg, and Lahore.

Disrupting my thoughts, the bell rang.

Toby ditched me, so I escorted myself to the cafeteria and in no time, located my male cousin. Miley wasn't in any of my classes so far, so I didn't see her, yet. Michael and I stood in one of the lines, conversing pretty loudly in the rowdy cafeteria.

"I'm priviledged to be related to you," I confessed to Michael, as we made our way to the cafeteria table. Babushka, Michael and Toby had a different class, but our lunch block was the same, thankfully. We took seats across the other three. Michael waited for me to explain my statement. "You're friends with such gorgeous people." I pointed to Viktor, Babushka, and Toby. Only Babushka smiled, pleased. "Unfortunately, they don't stress their vocal chords enough."

"Unlike some people, we don't run on energy drinks," Toby mumbled.

"Me either!" I said.

They all exchanged glances that only they knew could explain. Before I could ask, Babushka decided to speak up.

"Noor, do you like Shakespeare?"

Suddenly, everyone . . . including the students seated nearby were interested in our conversation. They were all waiting for an answer for me.