Chapter 6 Stay Away From Toby Ridings

Chapter 6 - Stay Away From Toby Ridings
----------------------------♡--------------------------
So I'm puttin' my defenses up
'Cause I don't wanna fall in love
If I ever did that, I think I'd have a heart attack
~ Heart Attack by Demi Lovato
----------------------------♡--------------------------

It's okay.

Don't worry about it.

You're fabulous.

But the students molested our roses!

After splashing cold water on my face, I glanced back at my reflection in the mirror. It wasn't fair that our hard work was used against us. Who knew how many other students got the stems with rotten eggs. I sighed, wiping my face with a towel. During my reform to be a better human being once I started school, I didn't realize I would face upsetting circumstances.

Nevertheless, crying over it won't solve the problem.

As a great therapist once suggested, "Girl, put your imaginary crown back on your head and grab yourself a sword. You're your own knight in shining armor."

I stepped out of the bathroom and bumped into Miley, who was frantically pacing around the room.

"Watch where you're going!" She snapped and speed walked to the other side of the room.

"Aw, did you not get a rose, today?" I asked. Only that could explain her grumpy mood.

"I don't care about roses," she said dismissively.

"Not even if Toby gave it to you?" I wiggled my eyebrows and smirked.

"Shut up, will ya?" Wow, grumpy siren should be going off any minute, now. With a loud huff, Miley sat down on her bed and I joined her. She seemed upset about something. "What do you want?" She asked me.

"Are you okay?" I asked softly. "Any problems or anything? If it's Shark week, I have a chocolate bar. I don't mind sharing." During times like these, chocolate helps.

She took steady breaths for a few seconds before replying, "I'm perfectly fine. I don't need chocolate or roses." I shrugged. "Every day is a struggle." She finally relaxed a little.

"I understand," I whispered.

"Tell me, Noor, am I fugly?"

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Effing ugly," she elaborated.

"Of course not!" I said immediately. "You and I both know you're effing gorgeous! Why would you even ask me that?"

"Doesn't matter," she said and turned away. Her focus returned to her phone.

"Did someone say something?" I slowly asked.

"Go away. I don't wanna talk," she said rudely. She wasn't in the mood and that was pretty obvious. I dropped the topic and decided to leave the room. Just as I was about to step out, I heard, "Under the bleachers."

"What?" I looked at my cousin in confusion.

"If you want to stop the stink bombs, that's where you should go. Soccer field bleachers," Miley said, not looking up from her phone. "It should be safe after six." I grinned. She wasn't as tough and mean as she pretended to be.

"Thanks. You're amazing!" I had my phone out, ready to get Babushka on the case.

"I know," I heard Miley say before I left.

¤》¤《¤

"So hot." Babushka licked her lips.

"Totally and madly hot," I agreed.