Chapter 6

Emma's POV:

We were all laying in the living room, watching NCIS, while eating our 'Dylanoli Specials' (Which by the way turned out to be fettuccine with red sauces with a slice of cold pizza). Ms. Wright was laying on the left side of the couch, I was laying on the right side, and Dylan was sitting on the floor with his back leaning on the couch. 

"Thanks again for dinner, it's really good," I said.

"Ah, anytime," Ms. Wright said, winking at me.

Man, Ms. Wright is hilarious! Who would have thought that quiet, shy, Dylan would have such a loud, outgoing mom. Huh. 

"Are you sure you want to sit on the floor, I mean there is still room up here on the sofa," I said, once again making sure Dylan was fine with the floor. I feel pretty bad for making him sit on the floor, I didn't mean  to.

"No, it's fine, I always sit here," he said, tilting his head back to look at me. 

"Really? I can move, if you want," I said.

"You might think that he's making that up to be nice, but he actually sits on the floor all of the time," Ms . Wright said with a mouthful of pizza, "I know, weird, but  there's just some things you can't change."

"Mom..."Dylan said looking up at his mom.

"Well it's true! I bet, that when I'm not here, and you're here all on your own, you still sit on the floor."

He gave up trying to get her to stop, and he just sat there rubbing the back of his neck.

"So, why is this called the Dylanoli Special?" I ask, laughing a little.

"I have no idea," Dylan said, looking over to me.

"I do!" Ms. Wright yelled out, "It all started sixteen years ago, I was eating fettuccine, just chillin', when ninjas jumped in through windows, and attacked me. And of course I was pregnant at the time, so I got my big ol' self up, and I kicked those ninja's butts! So there I was, kickin' at the air in victory, and then my tummy felt funny, it was because ol' Dylan here was kickin' with me. So I finished eating my fettuccine, and then got up and went to the doctor. Then I birthed Dylan out, and then I was supposed to stay a few more weeks at the hospital, but Dylan looked at me and sent a telepathic message that said 'Pizza.' So I grabbed him, and propelled down twenty floors on the outside of the building. Then we ran home together. So we got here, and I went to the fridge, and grabbed a box of pizza out, that had been there for a few days. So I grabbed a slice, and fed him his first meal. That, my dear child, is why it's called the Dylanoli Special."

"It changes every time she tells it," Dylan said in his quiet voice over to me making me laugh.

Ding Dong!

"Remember, I moved to Australia," Ms. Wright said to Dylan.

"I'll get it then," Dylan said, getting up from the floor.

Ding Dong!

"I'm coming!" he called out. 

I heard him open the door, and him say something like "Hello."

"Yeah, who are you?" A deep voice asked sternly at him.

Ah, crap.

---------------

I hope you liked it, I know it was kind of short, but you know... life...

Anyways, Gotta blast...