Chapter 9

Dylan's POV:

Agh, come on locker, don't do this. I pull on my locker door, begging for it to budge.  I let go of the knob, and tried again. Still stuck... I banged on it, Still stuck.

Brrrrring!

Ah jeez, late to class... again.

"Locker troubles, Wright?" Someone shouts from down the hall.

I look and see Emma's boyfriend, Brian, walking towards me.

"Uh, n-no just, um,-"

"Don't worry about it Wright," he said putting his arm over my shoulder and pulling me away from my locker.

"Wh- what are you doing..."

"Oh, you know finishing something I started..." he said, pulling us down the halls and pushing the door open in the bathroom, shoving me in as he walked in behind me.

"Everybody out!" he yelled, making a few guys quickly slip out.

"Look man, I don't want to-" I mumble out.

"You don't wanna what?" He said shoving me back into a wall.

"No-nothing, let's just- let's just go to class..." I say almost inaudibly. 

"You know what? I'm pretty sure you were hitting on my girl yesterday," He said, looking into my eyes.

"Wha- no. No, no, we have a-" 

I didn't get to finish that statement because Brian had punched me in the gut, making me lurch forwards.

"You have a what?" he said, pushing me back up.

"A-"

He punched me again, pain shooting through me.

"Please tell me you weren't going to say a project."

"Okay," I groan out.

"You wanna be funny, huh?" He punched me again, I could feel a lump forming on my abdomen.

Again, I fell forward, lurching in pain.

He grabbed my shoulders and pinned me to the wall.

"Stay away from Emma," he said centimeters from my face, looking up into my face since I'm a little taller than him.

He shoved me over and stepped back. "Or I'll be back to finish this little chat," he said turning around and walking off.

I leaned my back against the wall, and slowly, lowered myself to the ground. I sat there, waiting for the deep pain to die down to aches... Let's just say this wasn't my first rodeo.

After a few minutes, I pushed myself up off of the floor, and made my way over to a sink.

I turned on the water, and washed my face off with the cool water. I looked up at the mirror and saw this tall skinny kid, with wild brown hair and eyes staring back... Oh wait, that's me. 

I grabbed some paper towels and dried off my face, then headed out of the bathroom.

I walked down to first block, Biology.

I opened the class door, and walked in.

"Mr. Wright, you're late. That's lunch detention with me tomorrow."

All eyes were on me as I crossed the room and sat down in my seat. 

Most of them turned away as I sank down in my seat, groaning slightly as I felt my newly formed bruises ache with the use of my stomach muscles.

I looked around the room and saw two blue eyes staring at me in confusion, Emma.

I nodded slightly to Mr. Fletcher so he knew I heard him. Then I buried my head in my arms.

Please, just leave me alone.